cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Disconnects, mainly during peak time.

themanns

Been getting a very poor connection lately, see attached pingplotter graph for a sample of what it is like from 4pm to 9pm or so.

Screenshot

Any explanation for this?
And yes, this has worked perfectly before, nothing has changed at our end, so i'm assuming this is a problem with the ISP?

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Oversized image converted to a link, as it was stretching the forum layout.]
25 REPLIES
N/A

Same problem

I seem to be getting the same problems ..especially annoying as I am an ardent online gamer..and the disconnects are very frustrating....

Where did you get the monitor software so I can record and show PN as I am sure they think I am joking as they say all the tests are fine..but this has just started happening again after switching from premiun to option 3.. same thing but £2 cheaper!!

Anyway any advice would be good proper helpful advice that is ..as the PN threats of we will get BT to charge £169 if they find nothing wrong are getting boring and making me seriously consider moving... and for the record I have had no probs with the line before ..so it must be something at the ISP end...but instead of helping they like to try to intimidate with the above threat...

Oh and whilst typing this my connection got lost!!

Oh and yes I have done all the plugs un plugs swaps.. cable changes etc etc blah blah but each time another desk agent arrive the first thing they do is ask you to do them again...I know its a script but please read whats happend previously...

Rant over ... I need some help not threats
themanns

Can get the software here at the bottom of the page, the legacy releases.

Another ISP is seeming the only option...
N/A

Dropped concections

Yes I have been having this problem for over a week. Connection is usually ok during the day but keeps dropping in the evening. Every minute or so at its worst. Just gave up yesterday evening and went to bed.
Have tried changing splitters, checking connections etc - but the timing suggests it is not a problem at my end.
N/A

I have exactly same problem. Random disconnection, after that i need to restart router. Havent got this problem before, just started about 2-3 days ago. Any ideas?
Joe88
Dabbler

Same thing here too,been going on for months for me.This is annoying as i too play an online game and the constant lagging-freezing-crashing is stopping me from participating as i'd like in my game.
themanns

Does anyone have a way of contacting plus and speaking to a human being? I have tried all the help desk lines on the site with absolutely no success and I'm not looking forward to my next phone bill (your call is important to us.....etc)

I'm off to my local ISP shop :-(
N/A

N/A

Enough is enough

themanns

fast4.net seems to be the way I'm leaning so far £15.99 a month seems too good to be true.... :shock:
N/A

Fast4net

Some of the reviews dont seem too good..
N/A

Can any one from PLUSNET give us some information about those random disconnection ? Please...
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Without investigating the cause of the disconnections we will not be able to help you with any resolution.
My initial thoughts consist of:-
As this appears to be happening more in the evening it could well be due to increased 'noise' in the local area causing interference on the disconnection.

If you are having intermittent problem then raise a fault for us to investigate for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

I have logged calls...ran tests only to be told ...in one instance by one chap yes we can see disconnections and are investigating...then another chap we can see nothing wrong...!!

I have raised several tickets to be told nothing is wrong ( although it blatantly is) then get threatened with £169 bill ( used to be £49 thats how long its been going on been threatened with both prices !!)

Come to think of it..every ticket I have rasied for connection issues..I have been threatened with a charge from BT for further tests...

Not very good customer service really...seems if they dont know the cause threaten them with a bill they will stop asking...

Well its worked I have now stopped asking for assistance and am now looking for a new reliable provider..well Done Plusnet!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

You will only get charged if the fault is found to be caused by your internal settings or hardware. As long as you have been through all the tests we have advised then this is unlikely.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team