cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIN network issues??

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

RIN network issues??

I have been on the RIN trial for ages at the min, but tonight have experiences terrible speeds. I am using a wireless client, as the wired PC is not available, and initially thought it was the wireless connection, as the weather is bad around here. I checked my profiles, but the BT speedtester refused to continue saying my IP address is not recognised (never done this before on RIN!!), also router has been constant in its syncs. Out of curiosity, I reverted to my normal Plus connection, and speeds increased dramatically, to a smooth 4.5meg from a stuttery 1.2meg on RIN. Just wondered if there was was issue, or it it just ine of those things?Huh
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

RIN network issues??

Strange, I haven't noticed any problems on RIN over the last few days. Are they at specific times or not?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

RIN network issues??

One of the usergroup is having problems as well, when they switch back to the PN network all is fine so something is up.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

RIN network issues??

Yeah, Bob picked up on that one, I'll post back once/if we have more information.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

RIN network issues??

everything turned to poo last night actually, on both RIN and Plus network. Put it down to the weather, really. Tried resyncing and everything to no avail. Switched off the router, and turned back on this morning, and things much better, still on RIN at the min, getting around 4meg on speedtests for a 4.5meg profile (wireless). Actually, got the wired system up and running last night, and speeds were actually worse via an ethernet connection!, even with differnet DNS servers and other stuff. Whats up on the RIN?Huh
James
Grafter

RIN network issues??

Not sure in honesty. I have raised with the relevant people to raise with BT to see if this is part of a generic issue.

I'm going to go and have a look at their TBB forum to see if it gives away any clues.
Community Veteran

RIN network issues??

TBH, I am back on the Plus network, and the same things. Browsings fine, but speedtests are laggy. Bt speedtest gave me 3800 for a 4500 profile. As I am back on plus, presume I may be on a congested gateway?
James
Grafter

RIN network issues??

That would be a possibility, yes.

When Kitz was testing last night, she was getting throughput of 7Mbps on plusdsl.net, whereas 500-2000Kbps on RIN with some really screwy routing.
Community Veteran

RIN network issues??

Hmmm sounds like an issue with the RIN network. Using a wired connection to the router, speeds are fine on the Plus Network today. On thn-ag3, which says I am on a LLU and BT gateway. Didnt know these were here!! Whats thn-ag3 like at the min, although my exchange is again at red, which may have something to do with it. James have you any idea when BT are going to get around to sorting their exchanges, they jump from red to green, and back etc frequently, or are we being forced to wait for 21CN?
James
Grafter

RIN network issues??

Hi there,

No idea on exchange upgrades I'm afraid.

THN-AG3 is our new Gateway, which is currently being use to serve both BT and Tiscali connections. That shouldn't be a cause for concern and is only a temporary measure.