READ THE STATUS PAGE BEFORE POSTING

The subject says it all.

19 REPLIES
N/A

RE: READ THE STATUS PAGE BEFORE POSTING

> The subject says it all.
>
>
FYI : Any status pages I've been seeing have no mention on any problems!! Take a beechams before getting on your high horse!!!

N/A

:cheese:

Dunno how a Beechams would help mate to be honest.

Dave Allan
N/A

I tried the status page, but the whole of portal.plus.net seemed to be down (this was using a Tiscali dial-up connection). I did however search in Google groups for a telephone number for Plus net which I found. I was quite suprised that is was

* a local rate (0845) number
* I got to speak to somone in around 2 minutes.

Given experiances I have had with other ISP's in the past, that is a good telephone service. It was a denial of service attack apparantly, but it seems to be working again now.

It's just a shame that much of plus net support seems to rely entirely on the web site - if this goes it's a bit tricky!

Jon.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> > The subject says it all.
> >
> >
> FYI : Any status pages I've been seeing have no mention on any problems!! Take a beechams before getting on your high horse!!!
>
>

hmm look at the news feed then

plusnet.service.status

I'll have a coffee while you have crow pie

Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> FYI : Any status pages I've been seeing have no mention on any problems!! Take a beechams before getting on your high horse!!!
>
>

FYI the following was on the service status page at 21:05 over 30 minutes before the posts here.

Perhaps it is you that needs to get off your high horse idiot and learn how to find the status page.

What a plonker!

Ed.

Dear Customer,

We are currently experiencing a Denial of Service attack which is affecting several Internet carriers. We have a team of network engineers working towards the resolution of this issue.

Once further information becomes available, we will update you through the service status section of the portal accordingly.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Regards,
Customer Support.
N/A

> > > The subject says it all.
> > >
> > >
> > FYI : Any status pages I've been seeing have no mention on any problems!! Take a beechams before getting on your high horse!!!
> >
> >
>
> hmm look at the news feed then
>
> plusnet.service.status
>
> I'll have a coffee while you have crow pie
>
>

He he he, here's the link so the pillock can go to the right place next time...

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=9

Ed.

N/A

no need to be rude to one another! can we lighten up a bit here?
N/A

> no need to be rude to one another! can we lighten up a bit here?

That was exactly what I was trying to get across to Eddie(Dick)Wood.

Some of us mere mortals are silly enough just to use the service status page!! which when I last looked was still sitting at :
---------------------------------------------------27/12/2002 @ 17:38
ADSL Platform Upgrade - Work Completed
Dear Customers,

We are very pleased to announce that our third 155MB ADSL FAT pipe is now live and connected to our Redback platform, as planned.

We value your feedback and invite you to discuss this upgrade via our Portal Discussion Forums and USENET newsgroups.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support
---------------------------------------------------
Perhaps it might be best to give some people the benefit of the doubt, not everyone are experts on the vagaries of dear old PlusNet!!

Personally, I think it would be better to make sure any posting or announcements are all made in the one advertised place.
N/A

> That was exactly what I was trying to get across to Eddie(Dick)Wood.
^^^^

oh please Wink

>
> Some of us mere mortals are silly enough just to use the service status page!! which when I last looked was still sitting at :
>

you know, many of us couldnt get to the service status page, anyway, plus net seemed to have sorted that now - Well Done Plus Net! - so, next time ... flames are more comfortable in usenet ?
Brickinit
Grafter

> > FYI : Any status pages I've been seeing have no mention on any problems!! Take a beechams before getting on your high horse!!!
> >
> >
>
> FYI the following was on the service status page at 21:05 over 30 minutes before the posts here.
>
> Perhaps it is you that needs to get off your high horse idiot and learn how to find the status page.
>
> What a plonker!
>
> Ed.
>
>
>
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> We are currently experiencing a Denial of Service attack which is affecting several Internet carriers. We have a team of network engineers working towards the resolution of this issue.
>
> Once further information becomes available, we will update you through the service status section of the portal accordingly.
>
> We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

i think where the problem lays is the fact some of us could not access the service status page or any other plus net page to get any infomation at all even when i tried to get there using a tiscali dialup connection
malc

N/A

Here here, nothing on the status page, unless you have one we dont? I have had problems all night, and no replies to messages on the support pages, well there are replirs but nothing aimed at me

Tony

> > The subject says it all.
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

> > > The subject says it all.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
> hmm look at the news feed then
>
> plusnet.service.status
>
> I'll have a coffee while you have crow pie
>
>

N/A

info was also posted in these PN newsgroups for time to time during the events this evening

plusnet.service.status
plusnet.service.customer-feedback

Saturn
Grafter

You need to click on the 'Connectivity' Hyperlink next to the Traffic Light (top part of the page).