cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickest Line Failure

N/A

Quickest Line Failure

I am interested to know 2 things,

1} What is the quickest response anyone has got interms of ADSL order submitted to BT and Failed due to line length/Loss

2} How do people on this board find out their figures for line loss etc??

I submitted my order to +net on 18th June, smae day the tracker showed an error on the 2 nd stage, i.e +nets initial checks on the phone number. I phoned support and they told me it was because it was a new phone line. i.e only on form 13th june, it wasn't recognised by BTs checker and it can take 42 days before it would be available. But hey said they would try again on Monday.

On monday 23rd I get an email from +net saying payment has been taken and order submitted to BT. Wehn I hadn't heard anything more I phone +net yesterday afternoon, 3rd July, and was told opps it seems we only got a response today (3rd july) saying your number was still not recognised.

I had been checking my number on www.broadband1.bt.com and it only started to be recognised from the 2nd July, when it said I should be able to recieve anything up to 2MB.

Anyway +net said they would resubmit the order now the number was definatly recognised. This was around 15:30, at 16:49 the same day I recieved the following response:

Customer cannot have ADSL due to line loss, therefore account cancelled and payment refunded

Is it just me or did that seem too quick!! My account was gone, left with no dailup nothing!!!!! So much for trying to sell me another product or offering me the extended reach trial. Has anyone else had a line which the online checker still passes, fail inside an hour and 20 mins??

+net said they had no data for the line loss etc. so how do I find out if the extended reach trial is even worth hoping forHuh
7 REPLIES
N/A

Line Failure

Hi

I recently had a great deal of difficulty with BT's failure to perform line tests.

In response to question 2:

One of the sites I found useful was:

http://www.btofaq.net/articles/intro/failed.html

This also includes a test which tells you the distance from the Exchange to your door. I cannot testify to the validity etc of this, but you may find it of use.

Hope this helps

Jak

BTW... It took from the 9th June to 3rd July to get my line test results, so I can't comment on the quickest! ;-)
N/A

Quickest Line Failure

Thanks for that, I'll maybe try phoning BT tonight. Has anyone else had a line loss rejection from BT in such a short period of time? <2 hours!!!!
Community Veteran

Quickest Line Failure

The test mentioned is simply the distance from the exchange to your house as the crow flies.
Line routing can go all over the place before it gets to your house so it can be very inacurate.

Chris
N/A

Quickest Line Failure

Chris

Are you sure about that?

The particular test I mentioned above (dialing 17070 etc...) is measuring line distance, not crow distance - afaik.... Otherwise I would have just recommended MultiMap ;-)

For example, at my location the distance as the crow flies is < 1 mile, whereas the test returned 4.19Km.

I couldn't be wrong, usually am ;-)

Jak
N/A

Quickest Line Failure

PS
You'll note that the above definately proves Chris's remark about the routing tho! !!
Community Veteran

Quickest Line Failure

Sorry I thought you where refering to the use of maps.

The phone tester isn't 100% acurate either, I've done it before at its said 11km and other times it has been acurate and said I'm only 200m away.

Chris
N/A

Quickest Line Failure

Well.... it is a BT service after all ;-)

Jak