cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on new Fair Usage and Speed Increases - am i right?

N/A

I have been looking into the new changes that are being implemented by PlusNet and trying to work out how this will affect me.

I am currently on the 2MB home premier package. (£39.99 a month)
Am i right in thinking that .......once the changes are in place i will be able to use 75GB throughout the month during peak hours, but can download/use as much as i want during the offpeak hours. (1am-8am, totalling about 200gb on a 2 mb line)
And if then i should get a speed upgrade to potentially 8mb. this will mean i can still use 75gb during peak hours but possibly up to about 800gb during offpeak... is this correct?

If this is correct and i do get the speed upgrade, would i be able to drop to the £21.99 a month package, meaning i can only use 30gb peak, but still get 800gb offpeak (assuming i have an 8 mb line)

Hope someone can clarify.
If i am correct i might just stay with Plusnet! :lol:
4 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

That is right. And all uploads are not included in the figures and are thus technically free of charge.
Though the downgrade to £21.99 will cost £14.99.
N/A

thanks for the reply, also, is their anyway we can get an idea of if we are likely to get 8mb speed?
i am 1.23 km from my exchange in southampton and currently get 2mb?
Community Veteran

In a word no.

The exchanges being included in the higher speed trial have not been released and the higher speeds are subject to your line conditions anyway.

I suspect you won't know until it actually happens, certainly not until after april, and possibly not even until Sept when the trial finishes.
N/A

well thats a bit [removed]

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): Do NOT attempted to bypass the swear filter again, it is there for a reason.