cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Is Plus.net offering a 1mb/2mb 50:1 ipstream soon?

N/A

Sorry if this is a repeated question.

I saw an announcement from another isp Fast24.net about 1mb/2mb available from august 12th. Its 50:1 and based on current bt dsl footprint (ipstream?).

Is plusnet going to offer this as well (i dont wanna jump ship!).
The prices quoted are:

1mb £27.50inc 50:1
2mb £37.49inc 50:1

They are promoting this offer with 1/2 price installations untill end of july!!!

I really hope plusnet have something in the fatpipeline with a competitive offer like this.
4 REPLIES
N/A

I want!!!!!
Community Veteran

I think these run over the BTDatastream products rather than the standard IPStream Service. This gives ISPs flexability to provide different speeds but it's not as well established as IPStream.

BT do have a 1mb 50:1 service in the pipeline, however 20:1 is much more suitable for higher speed connections.

Chris
N/A

I think these run over the BTDatastream products rather than the standard IPStream Service. This gives ISPs flexability to provide different speeds but it's not as well established as IPStream.

BT do have a 1mb 50:1 service in the pipeline, however 20:1 is much more suitable for higher speed connections.

Chris

True, but until the price comes down, it will remain too costly for the home user.
Ianwild
Grafter

You might be interested in this ADSLGuide article.

We will certainly offer any products which BT carry in their IPStream range within the forseeable future, although we have no plans to introduce any Datastream products at this time.

Regards,