cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Counts

N/A

Quality Counts

I have had a lot of trouble connecting to Broadband but one thing I would recommend is the purchase of good extension lead cable. I bought 30 feet (9.1 m in new money) of Belkin Hi Speed data transfer Modem Cable from my local Staples for £14.
(gold plated connectors). This is probably 3x the cost of the usual stuff but if your having problems it may be worth the extra. After all, if you've paid £120 (?) to sign up to ADSL, another £14 for an extension cable ain't going to break the bank. I'm now going to replace all my other connectors with this quality.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Quality Counts

This is my setup

I have a microfilter in the main wall socket and then i have a extension lead with a telephone socket on it so i can still ring the phone downstairs the extension lead goes up the stairs and in my room about 9-10 meters away at the end of this is a normal telephone socket so i pluged in my other microfilter and i plug my dsl wire from my dsl modem in the filter...alot of meesing when i could of just got a dsl wire going from the main box....but i bought a 7.5meter dsl wire from jungle the belkin type gold conections etc ...it would proberbly be alot faster aswell as the extention is a really cheap one...so i will order a 10-15meter belkin dsl cable

hopefully i should get a bit more bandwidth

chrisSmiley

N/A

I have almost an identical setup, except my extension is plugged straight into the socket downstairs so that it's sending an unsplit signal up the stairs. I just didn't like that idea of splitting the signal twice before it gets to my modem. The phone extension is an el cheapo 30m affair, but I've been seeing download speeds of 58-59K upstairs, so I'm not sure how much difference the high quality cables do make.
N/A

I also have a normal 30m telephone extension running from a downstairs socket with a splitter installed for the downstairs phone, and a splitter installed upstairs for analogue modem/phone and ADSL modems. This works fine with no additional expense for 'quality' cabling.

--
Marc