cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A time.

N/A

Q&A time.

Radius Authentication Server Maintenance - Tuesday 9th

Can anyone tell me how this work out, was the Maintenance a success, cause i can't see it anywhere if it did or not?

Also am i right in thinking that when i browse a web site alot, it is stored at my exchange, for faster access, i was just wondering if that still happened?

Also i seem to be getting some .gif pictures missing when i browse forums, and have to right click to view the picture, is there something i can do to sort that problem out?
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

Re: Q&A time.

Radius Authentication Server Maintenance - Tuesday 9th

Can anyone tell me how this work out, was the Maintenance a success, cause i can't see it anywhere if it did or not?

If it was cancelled there would have been a status change posted. If it had failed then we would all know about it . So my conclusion is it was completed without any problems.

Also am i right in thinking that when i browse a web site alot, it is stored at my exchange, for faster access, i was just wondering if that still happened?

Not at the exchange, that is for phone calls. There are 2 or 3 places where frequently accessed web pages could be stored:

• Locally in your browser cache
  • In a Caching proxy server used by PlusNet (not sure if they actually have one here)
  • in a cache somewhere between you and the web site (some companies have their own web cache to reduce internet accesses for frequent sites).

Also i seem to be getting some .gif pictures missing when i browse forums, and have to right click to view the picture, is there something i can do to sort that problem out?

This often occurs if the images are not received by your browser quickly enough and it times out. Also some web sites don't serve images unless you are visiting one of the web sites it is hosting.

There is not a lot I can suggest to solve this - maybe tweaking your network settings may help - see MTU Tweak. Clearing out your browser cache can sometimes help with this.

Cheers

Peter Cool