cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzlement - Help?

N/A

Puzzlement - Help?

About a week ago I lost all connection to the internet. After a hellish time with PN CSC to get it back, I found that my speed had been dramatically reduced. I was on 2mbps but now the maximum speed (indicated by the PN speed test) is about 160kbps. And this supposedly after my line had been transferred.
I was told I was now on LLU during my discussion with technical support (though I didn't ask for it and wouldn't if I knew the trouble it would caused).
I went to the samknows.com broadband checker website (which again confirmed I was on LLU). Below I've copy pasted some of the test results. I've already contacted PN on this website but their diagnostic checks seemed to come out fine... yet this run of the mill test has easily found faults in my line.

"Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet. Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for a few days."

And also:

"According to BT Wholesale, your line should be able to support a 6Mbps or greater ADSL connection via ADSL Max.

Standard ADSL RAG results:
[BT ADSL Code: GEGEGEC] You can receive 2Mbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GEGEGEC] You can receive 1Mbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GEGEGEC] You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
[BT ADSL Code: GEGEGEC] You can receive 256Kbps ADSL

There appears to a compatibility issue with your phone line. This could be caused by an existing DSL connection, ISDN, a DACS unit, TPON, a pending ADSL order or many other common issues. This will need to be resolved before ADSL can be supplied to your line."

And also:

"LLU xDSL presence at your exchange
You are connected to the Andover telephone exchange.

The following table details the availability of LLU services at your location.

Be Unlimited is not yet available in your area
Bulldog is not yet available in your area
Easynet is not yet available in your area
Edge is not yet available in your area
Homechoice is not yet available in your area
Node4 is not yet available in your area
Wanadoo is not yet available in your area
Zen is not yet available in your area"

I'm hearing loads of people are complaining about the LLU service so why are PN using it? And is there a way I can switch back? I didn't even know a change was to take place. :x
1 REPLY
N/A

Puzzlement - Help?

Read this post on the subject:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44113&highlight=

Plusnet have reassured everyone that they will receive notification before you are moved to an LLU with plenty notice to opt out.

See if you can have any more luck in getting clarification.
Probably a matter of time before LLU migration are suspended as have maxdsl if the complaints on this forum are anthing to go by.

Regards
Dave