Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profiles BT Speed Test v. Plusnet

Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

Plusnet aleays, from my obs 500 pver that given by BT.

This morning BT Progile 5000 Plusnet 5500. Is that nornal and why?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

They should match pretty closely as they normally use the same data, it has been known for them to be slightly out but as long as the PlusNet one is higher than the BT one you can be confident we are not restricting the line profile.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

They should match pretty closely as they normally use the same data, it has been known for them to be slightly out but as long as the PlusNet one is higher than the BT one you can be confident we are not restricting the line profile.
I did not think you were. I was just curious why the two differed and if it held any significnce- good as well as bad Cheesy
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

As far as I know they should always match or at least be within 500k of each other.
Sometimes it can take our system 12 hours or so to catch up with the IP profile BT are reporting, if this doesn't update after this time then we may need to 'prod' it along.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, the general reason for the difference is that the figure on the portal tracks the IP profile but reports it as the ATM rate rather than the IP rate, so for a line sync'd at 8128kbps for example the portal figure shows 8000kbps but the IP profile in the BT speedtest is 7150kbps.