cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile and speed

thepark
Grafter

Profile and speed

After eventually getting profile back up to 1500 yesterday 29th July, following problems in storm around 16th June, my speed was 1400 on two tests. Now profile back to 1000 this morning 31st despite syncing at 1856. Very dissapointing! Any explanations gratefully accepted. Waiting for new computer and then I can fit Netgear router. Hopefully this will sync even better and eventually raise my profile.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Profile and speed

Looking at the reports we get on your line, it appears your line synced at 1152 at 30/07/2007 23:00:39, this will be what has caused the profile drop.

Did anything happen around this time that may have caused more interference on the line than normal?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
thepark
Grafter

Profile and speed

Nothing unusual at my end. Wife went on computor to play her windows games for half an hour. Didn't even go on internet. Binatone usb modem syncs each time computor turned on. Going to plug in usb modem only when computor fired up now and see what happens. Have had a few problems with computer and that's why getting new one. Profile quick to drop though and takes a long time to get back. Have been synced for while at 1888 this morning.
Thanks for interest.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Profile and speed

As you say in your first post, the router may well help hold a more stable sync.

It's strange how different hardware can make the same line seem different!! My Dlink router kept dropping my connection however changing to a speedtouch, the line now doesn't drop at all unless I force it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team