cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Speed

karmi
Grafter

Profile Speed

Hi, been having low speeds for sometime and have had about max 3-4mb of the 8mb I used to get.

My linestats havent changed a bit, just my BTProfile appears to be 1000 now and your profile for me is 3500. Before they were both 8500 as far as I know although how long of me constantly resyncing will it take for them to acknoweledge it and change my profile?

All information as follows below (in an img)
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6179/snailwi0.jpg

And yes, I understand interleaving is off I am just asking for advice on perhaps getting the profile changed faster OR if I should resync the router as much as I can to get it done automatically.

Thanks Smiley
8 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Profile Speed

Hi there,

You were on a 3500Kbps as of 6am yesterday. However, this was changed as of 11:55pm to a 1000Kbps profile. Because our profiling is not real time, it has to catch up with BT's profiling, which has now happened.

If you are maintaining those sync speeds and you are not suffering from a level of internittentcy, I'd expect you to start seeing faster speeds come Wednesday. They would have dropped your IP Profile to the 1000Kbps one based on a low sync event.
karmi
Grafter

Profile Speed

BT now has me on a 3000 profile, you guys on a 3500 profile.

Why is this, ive been connecting at 8128/448 flawlessly rebooting router 4-5 times a day.

Line stats are the same, 11DB downstream, 26db upstream, 9db attenuation downstream, 5DB attenuation upstream.

I was getting dropped once or twice earlier but always connected at 8128 again.. obviously I got dropped because my line profile had changed or something? I dont understand it but im pretty confident if BT and you guys put it back to 8000 / 8500 it'll work at full speed again.

1 bad sync and your slow for a week!? Smiley Consistency > Speed i suppose. Cheers.
Community Veteran

Profile Speed

Word on the grapevine is BT will be changing the way it deals with a reduction then recovery of sync speed, so you will get your original or near original BRAS profile in hours rather than 3 -> 5 days as happens now. Info is still a bit sketchy but I'm sure more details will be available shortly.

While this does not help with your current problem hopefully soon this type of issue will be resolved a heck of a lot quicker.

Its still not comparable with LLU where there are no profiles and your sync speed is your data rate. Why LLU can do it and not BT I have no idea.
karmi
Grafter

Profile Speed

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/4666/dmt2be5.jpg

Although ive been syncing at these speeds as I said, I kept dropping (just started this evening) randomly this evening between every 5 mins and 1 hour. Are these linestats normal? The drops reconnect at full speed every single time and i'm not sure about the attunuation or SNR if its fine for the line or whatever. The dropping has stopped now but I fear it'll happen again tomorrow evening but could be a one off obviously with the weather we had lastnight.

Anything I can do to just get it STABLE at the MAX speed it can be whilst stable? Smiley I went away for a month, came back and everything has been screwed since then.

Any input would be great.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Profile Speed

There is no way you should be seeing drops with those line stats- I don't think I've ever seen anything that healthy- you must be right next to the exchange.

Check out this tutorial on wiring (especially worth trying the test socket to rule out problems from a piece of internal equipment).

Might also be worth raising a ticket with CSC to see if you can get information on the timing of the drops and infer a pattern as a result.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Profile Speed

I agree with Peter those line stats are wonderful, I dont think i've ever seen anything as low as 9db downstream attenuation, you must be almost IN the exchange. However just looking at your jpg from DMT tool there seem to be 251 CRC errors in 2hrs14mins, thats too high and I guess thats whats causing your line to drop. I've got a line which with 31db attenuation which syncs at 8128 / 8db SNR and I get about 300 corrected errors/day.
Given your good line stats those CRC errors are likely intermittent noise spikes from external interference.
Anyone got any thoughts on possible causes ?
karmi
Grafter

Profile Speed

The drops are non existant now, the drops happened between the time my line profile went from 1000KBPS to 3000KBPS. For some reason I still havent made the full 8128 BT lineprofile, or the 8500 I used to have at Plusnet.

Guess i'll have to just keep resyncing. But its stable, just slow !
Community Veteran
Fixes: 40

Profile Speed

As long as you have synch at 8128 I don't think there is any point in resynching to try and get your profile up. The maximum IP Profile is 7150 and as long as you maintain synch at 8128 your profile should get to that maximum in 3 days.