cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with sending Email

N/A

Hi;

Apologies if this has been asked before/ is in the wrong forum. I can't get Outlook Express to send email via plusnet. I believe I have all the settings correct; but i get this error message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: ', Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete Nattress

Moderators note by Chris: Cleared wayward italics tag
7 REPLIES
N/A

It may be that you have the "My Server Requires Authentication" option ticked.

To change this:

[list=1]
  • Click "Tools" at the top of the screen
  • Select "Accounts
  • Choose yours and click "Properties"
  • Goto the "Servers" tab
  • Untick "My Server Requires Authentication"[/listShocked]
  • N/A

Thanks, but I didn't have that option ticked in the first place, so it's still not working.
    N/A

Have you recently installed Spam filtering software on your PC? This type of software often changes the incoming (POP3) mail server from mail.plus.net to localhost (or 127.0.0.1).

You could also try deleting the account in Outlook Express and then setting it up again.

Tim
    Plusnet Staff
    Plusnet Staff
    Fixes: 1

Hi,

Make sure your outgoing email address is set correctly. If you are using your Plusnet address ensure it is of the format <name>@pnattress.plus.com

If you are using a domain name for the address have a check here to make sure it hasn't been detagged and the Name Servers are valid.
    Community Veteran

Sorry Dave, neither of these would fix the problems described, Smiley
    Best to do as Eurotrain has suggested earlier or as boroman said check your spam protection (and anti virus).

Chris
    N/A

Well not mine - seeing as how pnattress said they didn't have the option ticked in the first place Wink
    N/A

Hey guys; thanks for your help. I re-setup the account in OE and it seems to be working now. Cheers. Smiley

(I don't have any anti-spam so that was never the problem Tongue)