cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with new modem/router disconnecting.

N/A

I've recently upgraded from a (PlusNet supplied) Binatone USB modem to a Dynamode 4-port ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ modem/router - the R-ADSL-C4-2.

It connects to my PlusNet OK, but often seems to drop the connection, unpredictably. It dropped three times in and hour and a halfs browsing last night, and then overnight while I left some torrents downloading. It doesn't reconnect afterwards, either (proper pain in the [censored]), I have to hit 'submit' on the ISP authentication settings page on the router config to get it to reconnect. Rebooting does the job also.

Any idea what I could try? I wondered about upgrading the firmware, but I haven't had much luck finding a firmware upgrade on the 'net. Dynamode's site itself doesn't seem hugely helpful.

Also, my old USB moden was connecting at 2.2 meg, but the router is only connecting at just over 1 meg - could that be a configuration issue on the router? I've left the config at factory settings (apart from the ISP auth details, obv.)

Any guidance greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES
N/A

I think you will find everyone is having the same problems, it's not your equipment.
N/A

When I was connecting at 2.2 Mb, the connection was rock solid and it never failed once.

After the "upgrade" I can download faster, but the connection is lost at least 3 times a day. Both my router and my PC are exactly the same!

I agree with noelwilde, nothing is wrong with your router!