cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with helpline and ZyXel modem

N/A

I have had constant problems lately with my internet connection. I couldn't access some internet sites - though always different ones - a really random problem. After I tried everything I could think of I checked with Plusnet to see if it was an ISP problem. After hanging on the line waiting for almost an hour (in the late evening) I finally got answered, and the helpline guy ran through a few very obvious suggestions I'd already tried. After I changed my connection settings at his suggestion, I lost my connectivity altogether! Jason - for it was he - told me it was my fault as I had clearly 'knocked wires loose' when I had followed his intructions, and he was not there to provide 'help', only 'advice'. What an insult to pay for the broadband connection and the phone bill, only to be told it was my fault that I had ended up with less than I started with when I called.
In addition before all this I had opened an Plusnet broadband account for my mum. The modem arrived - a ZyXel - and no matter what I do it won't connect., after an initial success when I installed it. Reading this site it looks as though the problem lies with the modem. My mum is paying the bill for something she can't use, and I don't know what to do next. I can ring the helpline and hang on for ages, but I don't fancy more of Jason's line in 'advice'. Plusnet has become a turnoff in more ways than one.
1 REPLY
N/A

Not sure whether you have looked at my topic I started about theproblems with this modem. I set up broadband connections as I run a small IT company and you will see that I have had major problems with 2 of my customers with the modem problem and poor support from Plusnet. I supplied new speedtouch modems from dslsource.co.uk for less than £25 and got these customers to return the ZyXel modems and have the hardware charge deleted from their accounts. Your mum maybe didn't notice that if she leaves Plusnet within 5 years, there is a part payment to be made for the cost of the modem. You can send a PM to me if you need any more details.