cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with a LLU line and leaving Plusnet.

N/A

As anyone ever heard of an ISP casuing a customer to commit suicide as i'm about 5 mins away from

You may recall my earlier post about trying to leave Plusnet.

Well after 17 days of waiting for a MAC code and basically being ignored and fobbed off I get this idiotic response. I didn't think I could get more stressed. I'm so annoyed I tried to cancel my account rather than waiting for my MAC any longer! I've paid all my fees.

Dear,
We can usually only issue a MAC key if your broadband service is provided via BT Wholesale; in this instance we are using an alternative network provider, so unfortunately we may not be able to provide a MAC key.
Please check whether your new ISP is participatiing in the Reverse LLU Migration Pilot, and let us know if they are. We can then supply a MAC key, although because this is a trial, it is a manual process and may take several days. Please also note that very few ISP's are able to process a reverse MAC key, at this time.
Alternatively, we can schedule cancellation of the service, 30 days after your next invoice date or sooner if required, on payment of the final month's subscription.
Please confirm in a reply to this Question, via the Help Assistant, how you would like us to proceed.

Regards,

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All capitals title made lower case
11 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Just edit out the CS agents name as its not allowed to be posted
on the forums otherwise you will have one of the mods along soon to slap tour wrist Wink
N/A

While we're ignoring the issue and nitpicking: The mods won't be happy about the title being in block caps too!
Might be worth editing that before they do too.

As for the delay; an utter shambles. I suppose if you answer that they aren't able to accept an LLU MAC, PN may then just cancel your account for you (unless you need the MAC to go to another LLU)
Other than that, I'm at a loss as to what to suggest to speed things up.
N/A

Contact OFCOM, they adviced me to write to PN's compliance team, recorded delivery. Don't be fobbd off, PN MUST supply a MAC number within a reasonable time, not more than 14 days, and they must also remove their TAG from your line. If you've been LLU'd then BT have to swop you over on to a BT line at the exchange, the whole process shouldn't take more that 10-14 days.
craigbrass
Grafter

I still question why MAC codes can't be genorated on demand through the portal automatically (as BT's system supports it through the API and am sure Tiscali could get theirs to if it wasn't already). The keys would of cause only be shown if the customer has forfilled obligations of their contract ect, otherwise it would need to be through a ticket.
N/A

Makes 2 of us with exactly the same issue. I think we should start a club as I can't get a MAC code form Plus Net either and am getting fobbed off with totally lame excuses.

I have the name of a lady who works in the Chairman's Office of Plus Net and I think it is about time the peasants revolted. PM if you would like to know how to actually contact someone in Plus Net who might get something done about your problem as I am trying this route tomorrow myself for the same reasons as yourself.

Thanks,

Lempers
N/A

I suggest you visit ASDL guide when there is some discussion of the legal standing of the "FORCED" transfer to LLU.

My own opinion is that PN should swith unhappy customers back to BT AT THEIR COST!
Community Veteran

tbh I'm not sure what is forced about the LLU transfers. People have been given the opportunity to opt out of an LLU service and IIRC for those who the opt out has failed on / were put on LLU before the opt out was introduced plusnet will move them back at no cost if they so wish.
N/A

I am sorry, but poeple seem to think everyone was aware of the pitfalls of being LLU'ed and that isn't the case.

Why should I happily have a BT connection with no real problems for 4 years and now have had what you could class as an acceptable bb speed for just 9 days out of the last 7 weeks?

If I knew that being LLU'ed to Tiscali was going to cause this much grief then I wouldn't of allowed it.

Thanks,

Lempers
holdtight
Grafter

If I knew that being LLU'ed to Tiscali was going to cause this much grief then I wouldn't of allowed it

I should think they are probably saying the same at plusnet towers Wink
N/A

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that the LLU MAC code that I nearly killed myself trying to obtain is just about useless.

I phoned Sky on Sunday after Plusnet had warned me that some providers might not accept the LLU MAC key. Someone at SKY reassured me that the LLU MAC would be fine. When I managed to get through again tonight with my MAC code in hand they said they don't accept them.

You can see how I felt a few days agon at the start of this post so imagine how i'm feeling now.

The warnings about LLU MACS being useless are true. Sky is just one example of a provider that won't accept them. Thank you to all who tried to warn me and others. Shame I had to learn the hard way. People should just cancel their account and have the line cleared its easier all round and will save you a great deal of stress.

Thnaks to everyone for their help and for looking at my post. I just hope my cancellation goes through quickly now so that this can be sorted once and for all.
Community Veteran

If I were moving my Internet service provision to "Sky broadband" and were told by them that they accept LLU MAC's.
To then find after spending my time and effort obtaining one, that the next time I contact "Sky broadband" they tell me they don't accept LLU MAC's....................I would no longer be moving my service provision to them! Very simple! Wink