cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Tech Support

N/A

Problems with Tech Support

I was wondering if anybody else was having problems getting information from tech support?

So far my BB connection has been out for 8 days, after an initial attempt to log a call which was logged completely back to front, that is if we could it said we couldn't and if we couldn't it said we could, nice easy way to close a ticket incidentally - makes those ticket close times more believable especially if for every valid ticket that stays open 168 hours (so far) they're closing another within minutes.

I've been promised call backs, told people will chase for information you get the picture - so far nothing from nobody.

Apparently the problem is with BT (has been since 6/9) and we were told we would have an update the following day - OK 7/9 is a saturday so we left it til 9/9 but still no update now the end of the day 11/9 and no prospect until 12/9 at the earliest.

From this debacle I would not recommend plusnet to anybody, I do not intend to renew my contract and will be reviewing ways of forcing early closure of this contract UNLESS THIS IS RESOLVED BEFORE 13/9/02. Plusnet appear to be unable to meet their contractual obligations, I pay for a service they provide the same - or not as it appears.

Hopefully a public airing in this manner will generate something more of a response than the private conversations which have gone before.

Tech Help - Over to you... of course you may prefer to censor this post, I'd absolutely understand but would be extremely disappointed if you feel the need to do so. Maybe you'd prefer to post here advising of what your intentions are?
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problems with Tech Support

Your story of the problems you have faced has truly touched me, I feel for you like I felt when my overweight hamster fell from my hot air balloon.

I wish you luck in your struggle against this problem and hope I can live, day by day now.
N/A

> I was wondering if anybody else was having problems getting information from tech support?

Jeez, man, I've had to wait *three months* to get my connection sorted- PlusNet seem to have fallen victim to their own success, and don't seem to have the experienced staff to cope.

It's only been sorted last night after loads of d*ckheads telling me stuff like:
No, don't listen to the engineers at the BT exchange, you do have ADSL on your line.

Have you tried your username and password (and then promptly close the ticket.) After 3 months of showing them where they're going wrong!

>
> So far my BB connection has been out for 8 days, after an initial attempt to log a call which was logged completely back to front, that is if we could it said we couldn't and if we couldn't it said we could, nice easy way to close a ticket incidentally - makes those ticket close times more believable especially if for every valid ticket that stays open 168 hours (so far) they're closing another within minutes.
>
> I've been promised call backs, told people will chase for information you get the picture - so far nothing from nobody.
>
> Apparently the problem is with BT (has been since 6/9) and we were told we would have an update the following day - OK 7/9 is a saturday so we left it til 9/9 but still no update now the end of the day 11/9 and no prospect until 12/9 at the earliest.
>
BT do seem to like to mess up PlusNet- they did the same when FRIACO came in. This doesn't, of course, excuse the shoddy support. In my case it turned out the problems were either due to PlusNet being hacked, or BT deliberately activating the wrong line, which I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do (could be wrong though.) All I know is if I were PlusNet, I'd /really/ want to know how the mix-up happened, and if it were BT I'd take it to the Ombudsman and get 'em to levy a whopping fine for monopolistic practises.

> From this debacle I would not recommend plusnet to anybody, I do not intend to renew my contract and will be reviewing ways of forcing early closure of this contract UNLESS THIS IS RESOLVED BEFORE 13/9/02. Plusnet appear to be unable to meet their contractual obligations, I pay for a service they provide the same - or not as it appears.
>
Yeah I know how you feel, but believe me, I've been with Force9/ PlusNet for over 5 years, and they have always been a wicked provider- I've recommended them to loads of people, and never on My Referrals (so no incentive), just people I've chatted to.

> Hopefully a public airing in this manner will generate something more of a response than the private conversations which have gone before.
>
Yes, I have noticed they seem more responsive to the public forums.. Can't think why Wink

Usually Rob something is the first to respond, and whoever it is they do fall into the blame culture bit. Can't blame 'em really (groan!)

> Tech Help - Over to you... of course you may prefer to censor this post,
Yip, yip! Watch the paranoia, peeps. If they did that how quickly do you think people would be setting up PlusNetSucks.com or the like? The people who've been with PlusNet for any significant time are knowledgeable and helpful- it's just hard to get thru to them b4 some prat closes the ticket.

Basically if I were PlusNet I'd hire some of the smarter users pronto- it's clear they're hiring people to work all night from home, logged in over whatever connection- a couple of years ago I spoke to a tech guy who was on a 56k modem! (Hope that was PlusNet, bit mullahed at the mo, only got connected last nite!)

>I'd absolutely understand but would be extremely disappointed if you feel the need to do so. Maybe you'd prefer to post here advising of what your intentions are?

Yeah c'mon, Rob/ Matt/ Grant (gord I've been in touch with all of em! imckenzie about?) whoever, answer the broader issues, don't just cover your backs when it's clear some of your support staff aren't up to it as yet. You'll only earn our respect if you come clean, and our contempt if you don't. (And let's face it, user recommendation is what got you where you are now. Don't lose sight of the ball now.)
N/A

> Your story of the problems you have faced has truly touched me, I feel for you like I felt when my overweight hamster fell from my hot air balloon.
>
> I wish you luck in your struggle against this problem and hope I can live, day by day now.

No offence mate, but you're a being bit of an a*sehole there. This forum is for people to talk about what's going on with ADSL stuff- as such this user is bang on topic. Whereas you are totally off, and will only put new users off posting.

If you don't like it, try thinking about it b4 you argue. (And BTW please don't react in anyway besides discussion, eg trying some script kiddie sh*t- not only will it not work, but you'll lose your account due to breach of terms- if you're on ADSL that's your liability til contract end. Or are you feeling jealous 'cos you haven't got ADSL?)

Sorry for language everyone else, just can't work out why tac-head there feels the need to be so nasty. How old are you, mr tac?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." (Isaac Asimov.)
N/A

Thank you Ranjit (MrTac you really are an a*sehole) All I wanted was to find out if it was just me or whether this was a wider issue.

I've found that if you can actually get through to tech support and not just Customer Service an answer can be forthcoming but for some reason pressing 3 doesn't automatically give you the tech guys only somebody who can log problems (and close tickets prematurely)

The guys in tech (yes Russell I mean you) do seem to have the whole empathy/knowledge trade off happening in a big way its just a shame that its so difficult to speak to them.

The biggest point I can make here is that communication goes a long way to keeping people happy. I was annoyed because I wasn't getting the level of communication (or any for that matter) that I expect from somebody I am paying for a service. I am aware that tech issues do not get resolved overnight however communication should be a two way affair not just the user spending a fortune on phone calls to be effectively be told to bugger off and harass somebody else.

And Mr Tac... I hope you feel better in yourself by endeavouring to make somebody else feel small, I guess that you were bullied at school as most who were resort to bullying themselves to massage their own ego. I hope that with the care and consideration provided by people in here you can live a more fulfilled life...

there again I doubt it.
N/A

> Thank you Ranjit (MrTac you really are an a*sehole) All I wanted was to find out if it was just me or whether this was a wider issue.
>
> I've found that if you can actually get through to tech support and not just Customer Service an answer can be forthcoming but for some reason pressing 3 doesn't automatically give you the tech guys only somebody who can log problems (and close tickets prematurely)
>
> The guys in tech (yes Russell I mean you) do seem to have the whole empathy/knowledge trade off happening in a big way its just a shame that its so difficult to speak to them.
>
> The biggest point I can make here is that communication goes a long way to keeping people happy. I was annoyed because I wasn't getting the level of communication (or any for that matter) that I expect from somebody I am paying for a service. I am aware that tech issues do not get resolved overnight however communication should be a two way affair not just the user spending a fortune on phone calls to be effectively be told to bugger off and harass somebody else.
>
> And Mr Tac... I hope you feel better in yourself by endeavouring to make somebody else feel small, I guess that you were bullied at school as most who were resort to bullying themselves to massage their own ego. I hope that with the care and consideration provided by people in here you can live a more fulfilled life...
>
> there again I doubt it.

N/A

Hugs and kisses...

"If you don't like it, try thinking about it b4 you argue. (And BTW please don't react in anyway besides discussion, eg trying some script kiddie sh*t- not only will it not work, but you'll lose your account due to breach of terms- if you're on ADSL that's your liability til contract end. Or are you feeling jealous 'cos you haven't got ADSL?)"

OH DEAR... Script kiddie? umm, ok. dude i dont have a clue where you got that idea from, your a shoe.