cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Draytek routers and Plusnet's port 135 traffic

markgillespie
Grafter

Seems some of us are having problems with Plusnets port 135 traffic detection and Draytek routers...

See here: http://draytek.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13838#13838
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You need to be registered to access that board. Can you explain the problem here please.

If your PC or the router is sending out packets on port 135 it will be blocked by the PlusNet routers.
markgillespie
Grafter

Basically, even if we block ALL outgoing traffic in the routers firewall, we still get the PlusNet port 135 traffic redirection page...

it could be the router at fault (Draytek 2600We F/W 2.5.2), but either way it's damn annoying, as I know there is no blaster virus on my system.

We have 4 UK Draytek owners, all of whom are reasonably competent to setup a router and router firewall, all reporting the same problems with PlusNet.
Community Veteran

If the PlusNet network detects any traffic on port 135 from your connection it will block from that point on. The only way to clear this block is to power off /on the router and reconnect to the network as far as I know.

The fact that all 4 users have the same problem suggests a problem with the router which may be trying to send out on port 135 even though you have blocked it. This would be a difficult one to prove without packet sniffers running on your ADSL connection but SOMETHING is talking on that port or PlusNet would not block.
N/A

Have you aired your comments on the PlusNet forum on ADSL Guide?

There seems to be an ongoing decusion there about it too.
Community Veteran