cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting ...

Prunesquallor
Dabbler

Problems connecting ...

Once I'm on, everything is fine! I get what seem to me to be very fast download speeds (a 40 meg file in less than 20 minutes), and in general everything is fine.

But I do suffer from disconnections, and also, when I have to disconnect because of a windows crash (not an unusual occurrance - I have ME), sometimes it is impossible to reconnect for some time. This seems to happen more often in the early hours (4am - 7am) and it can last for several hours.

I am currently connecting with my old cable dial-up, simply because I've been trying to connect with my DSL-200 for the last half hour to no avail.

Has anybody any idea why this might be happening?

Best,
Lang
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problems connecting ...

> Once I'm on, everything is fine! I get what seem to me to be very fast download speeds (a 40 meg file in less than 20 minutes), and in general everything is fine.
>
> But I do suffer from disconnections, and also, when I have to disconnect because of a windows crash (not an unusual occurrance - I have ME), sometimes it is impossible to reconnect for some time. This seems to happen more often in the early hours (4am - 7am) and it can last for several hours.
>
> I am currently connecting with my old cable dial-up, simply because I've been trying to connect with my DSL-200 for the last half hour to no avail.
>
> Has anybody any idea why this might be happening?
>
> Best,
> Lang

Hmmmmm

Can you give details of what you use to connect. a usb/internal modem or a router.

Im going to asume is a router by the "DSL 200" name.

Sometimes routers require a reboot to regain a connection this should be able to be done through the router control panel.
Also you may need to "power cycle" the router by turning it off and on again.

Other than that Its plusnet or you BT phone line

w2k
--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
Prunesquallor
Dabbler

RE: Problems connecting ...

w2k,

Sorry - I forgot to add thar I'm using a single PC with a USB modem.

Best,
Lang
>
>
> Hmmmmm
>
> Can you give details of what you use to connect. a usb/internal modem or a router.
>
> Im going to asume is a router by the "DSL 200" name.
>
> Sometimes routers require a reboot to regain a connection this should be able to be done through the router control panel.
> Also you may need to "power cycle" the router by turning it off and on again.
>
> Other than that Its plusnet or you BT phone line
>
>
> w2k
>
> --
> MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
> Teenagers
>