cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems anyone?

colorado
Dabbler

Problems anyone?

Here am I connected by my trusty v92 modem, (thank God I didn't remove that) and wondering if anyone else has the small problem of not being able to connect tonight. I see from the customer support page that "they" have a problem, unfortunatly that means I have one too. That was 3 hours ago, so is it asking too much for an update, probably.

I have not had an issue with connection since signing up over a month ago, and after a few tweaks even my speed was up to expected levels, I must admit to viewing the posts on bad connections etc. with some doubt, but now I feel I can bond with all you good people out there that feel cheated.

I will depart now, feeling little better, with the hope of things to come, to think this post has cost me .15p on top of the £22.95 per month. Just a thought are Plusnet in league with BT to make more money, perhaps they are on commission to turn the system off now and again. Is all this really making me so cinical?
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problems anyone?

> Here am I connected by my trusty v92 modem, (thank God I didn't remove that) and wondering if anyone else has the small problem of not being able to connect tonight. I see from the customer support page that "they" have a problem, unfortunatly that means I have one too. That was 3 hours ago, so is it asking too much for an update, probably.
>
> I have not had an issue with connection since signing up over a month ago, and after a few tweaks even my speed was up to expected levels, I must admit to viewing the posts on bad connections etc. with some doubt, but now I feel I can bond with all you good people out there that feel cheated.
>
> I will depart now, feeling little better, with the hope of things to come, to think this post has cost me .15p on top of the £22.95 per month. Just a thought are Plusnet in league with BT to make more money, perhaps they are on commission to turn the system off now and again. Is all this really making me so cinical?

Same here Kevin been like it all afternoon and last night off and on off and on getting sick of it myself, are we ever going to get a week of no server problems.
N/A

no.

i hope to win the lottery someday so i can get my own t1 shunt. thatll learn em.
N/A

Yes regret using PN - homehighway was at least reliabe - no need to contact customer services.

The line has been up and down like a hoars nickers all day, my line keeps dropping and I cant connect outside PN portal with explorer, .net or anything else.

PS I had no phone at all for 20 hours yesterday because a wire 'fell out' in the BT exchange.

What a carry on not even sure anyone will read these ramblings - gone down again.
N/A

Hey here's a thought try not being on the net every waking moment of your life, you moan about spending 15p on posting that message, are you really that addicted that you have to dial-up the second your DSL conenction goes down for a while? Get up, stretch your legs, go outside, ermm its raining here but whatever, it's all clearly back on and working again now 10 minutes later so whats the point, it probably takes longer than that to find/plug in and install the software for your modem for gods sake.
colorado
Dabbler

> > Here am I connected by my trusty v92 modem, (thank God I didn't remove that) and wondering if anyone else has the small problem of not being able to connect tonight. I see from the customer support page that "they" have a problem, unfortunatly that means I have one too. That was 3 hours ago, so is it asking too much for an update, probably.
> >
> > I have not had an issue with connection since signing up over a month ago, and after a few tweaks even my speed was up to expected levels, I must admit to viewing the posts on bad connections etc. with some doubt, but now I feel I can bond with all you good people out there that feel cheated.
> >
> > I will depart now, feeling little better, with the hope of things to come, to think this post has cost me .15p on top of the £22.95 per month. Just a thought are Plusnet in league with BT to make more money, perhaps they are on commission to turn the system off now and again. Is all this really making me so cinical?
>
> Same here Kevin been like it all afternoon and last night off and on off and on getting sick of it myself, are we ever going to get a week of no server problems.

Unreal, just post a message and voila! back on again, also just read the customer support notice posted at 18:06 saying the service would be back on at 8:30. Bloody ell are we getting correct information? Will see what happens for the rest of the evening though, that old saying og "dont count your chickens" comes to mind.
N/A

> Hey here's a thought try not being on the
> net every waking moment of your life

Nice idea... Problem is I'd like to go home from the office and carry on working... However, right now I'm tracerouting my home connection and can see the routes are totally fried.

> it's all clearly back on and working again
> now 10 minutes later so whats the point

Erm. Is it?! My connection's still stuffed. I signed up to PlusNet two weeks ago and have had "service" one week. It's nothing short of abysmal and I'll be looking to cancel my contract and move. I have friends with Pipex (part of uuNet/WorldCom)... that company's in Chap11 in the US but they still manage to provide a superb network!

And oh look, where are all the PlusNet network "engineers" when you need 'em?... http://www.plus.net/webcams/webcamview.html?CAM_IP=195.166.137.245

Dire dire dire dire....
N/A

> > Hey here's a thought try not being on the
> > net every waking moment of your life
>
> Nice idea... Problem is I'd like to go home from the office and carry on working... However, right now I'm tracerouting my home connection and can see the routes are totally fried.
>
> > it's all clearly back on and working again
> > now 10 minutes later so whats the point
>
> Erm. Is it?! My connection's still stuffed. I signed up to PlusNet two weeks ago and have had "service" one week. It's nothing short of abysmal and I'll be looking to cancel my contract and move. I have friends with Pipex (part of uuNet/WorldCom)... that company's in Chap11 in the US but they still manage to provide a superb network!
>
> And oh look, where are all the PlusNet network "engineers" when you need 'em?... http://www.plus.net/webcams/webcamview.html?CAM_IP=195.166.137.245
>
> Dire dire dire dire....

Is there a week of no complaints in the forum? Or will there ever be one?

I've never stopped complaining since my connection up and running from Saturday.

Installation problems and the support team did nothing to help.

Speed problems.

Connection problems.

Service problems.

Attitude problems.

Worse ISP except for money. Pay for what you get really?!?

PlusNet is a real big liar though... 24/7 connection, where's it all gone? 20x fast then 56K, where's that?

No stability, no reliability, no bandwidth. WHAT KIND OF ADSL IS THIS?
N/A

hey,
It took me over a month from initial sign up to actually get connected. My router turned up today Smiley plugged it in and apart from a problem with my computer on the LAN the internet connection seemed really good...30mins - 1 hour later no internet connection at all until now Smiley
now thats a hell of an entry to the plusnet adsl world...
Seb
N/A

i can see my connection dying as i type, this is no good at all.