cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installing modem

N/A

I am having trouble installing my modem (Voyager 105). I have a DSL light but when asked to plug in the modem nothing happens, no power, nothing. Plusnet have sent a new disc, but the same thing happens. I have used both of my USB ports to run my printer OK. Plusnet are sending a new modem, but is there anything else I could try? I don't want to have to ring the Customer Support line again as it takes forever & they don't seem to know much anyway!!
I'm running Windows XP. Computer has an internal modem which I have disabled. Any help would be great.
Thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

It does sound like you have a faulty modem, the power light should come on as soon as you plug into the USB port, as it supplies the power to the modem.

You say your printer works ok in either port, remember that has its own power supply, so it does not entirely rule out faulty ports, but its highly unlikely to be that, afraid you will have to wait for the new modem to come and give that a try.

Sad
N/A

have u tried the usb lead [have had a fried one myself ]wouldnt let the modem work [replaced said usb lead and it worked]