cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Macromedia website?

N/A

I am attempting to update my flash player to the latest version, but the download seems not to be working...

I was wondiring if this is a problem with the Macromedia site or if it is the sort of thing that is "shaped" with a broadband plus account.

Thanks for any tips

Patch
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The site seems OK here and isn't something that would be affected by our traffic management. Might be worth having a look at this thread to see if anything helps.
N/A

Its working fine here, I just downloaded the latest flash player for firefox at 127.86 KB/sec
N/A

The site has suffered problems as so many people are updating to the new player.

More than 90% of people have flash installed and most are getting the upgrade so the site traffic is very heavy
N/A

Hi, I've tried installing both the flash player and shockwave from macromedia with several different PC's on several different service providers, one school even has a fiber link to the local exchange, and I still had problems getting the downloads to work. Even the standalone installer are slow and dropped off eventually. I e-mailed macromedia over a week ago and still have not had a reply. The links do work, eventually, as I have been successful, keep trying. Alternatively, try a search in google, you might find a site that hosts the standalones....
ChrisC
N/A

I had this problem and I disabled my firewall and it worked with no problems Smiley
OldDave
Grafter

When I was on Home Surf couldn't get some downloads from Macromedia site - can'y remember exactly which ones - changed to PAYG and it worked.

Are Plusnet blocking it as P2P?
N/A

It was impossible for me last night . You try telling your three year-old son that he can't see "Charlie and Lola" on the CBeebies site before he goes to bed. Fortunately I still had version 7 of the player I could reinstall (no more Firefox betas for me!) But then I booted the same machine into Mandriva and downloaded the Windows version with no problems later in the evening. Probably too many people chasing too little bandwidth? And no, flash and Macromedia aren't filtered out in AdBlock...
N/A

Smiley Downloade and installed both Flash Player and Shockwave to day. Flash took about 5 secs and Shaockwave about 20 secs at 1mb. Site seems OK at present.
N/A

You can try going to www.janwright.co.uk/wc which is a flash 8 website and that will take you to a page to install flash as its not the normal page it may work better.
N/A

I'm having the same problem. fpdownload.macromedia.com seems to be severely overloaded.
N/A

Update on my last post: I dialled up to BT Click and it downloaded fine. I had been having trouble downloading it for days with Broadband Plus. I dropped my MTU down to 1430 as suggested, but this didn't help. Maybe this download IS ending up in the bronze queue, somehow? Shocked