cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DCC Resuming on IRC

N/A

Problem with DCC Resuming on IRC

I can download fine via DCC on irc, but when i try and resume it just hangs and timesout.

the people on the sending end get this error.
DCC Resume from user rejected (invalid parameters)

I have tried opening ports 1024-5000 on my router, but it still gives the same error.

any ideas on what it could be?

cheers

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problem with DCC Resuming on IRC

Have you set resume on in MIRC? What network are you using? Dalnet has been under attack for ages and is very dodgy. On Dalnet you may also drop dccallow after a time out.

I assume you download a file and it fails then you try again and want it to resume is this correct?

Or does the other person just resume it after a delay? Have you got auto accept turned on? Are you running a firewall?

> I can download fine via DCC on irc, but when i try and resume it just hangs and timesout.
>
> the people on the sending end get this error.
> DCC Resume from user rejected (invalid parameters)
>
> I have tried opening ports 1024-5000 on my router, but it still gives the same error.
>
> any ideas on what it could be?
>
> cheers
>
>

N/A

> Have you set resume on in MIRC? What network are you using? Dalnet has been under attack for ages and is very dodgy. On Dalnet you may also drop dccallow after a time out.
>

It seems to do it on any IRC network, i got a friend to try sending/resuming stuff as i tried different things but to no avail.

> I assume you download a file and it fails then you try again and want it to resume is this correct?
>

yup

> Or does the other person just resume it after a delay?

no, the sender may time out and they come back, then i attempt to resume... if it try and receive the whole file again it'll send, just wont resume.

Have you got auto accept turned on? Are you running a firewall?
>
Tried with autoaccept turned on, with if exists. resume, and also tried with it off.

i have a conexant Router which has a firewall yes, and i also have zonealarm on the pc.

Ive tried letting the router forward ports 1024-5000
but it doesnt seem to make a difference.

Zone Alarm has given mirc the rights to use all ports, and ive also tried with zone alarm uninstalled.

Any Ideas? cos im out of them....

cheers

N/A

simon
sorry to go offtopic but what are your
average d/load andu/load speeds on dcc
my download speeds are very slow
from 1.kbs upto 6jbs
u/loads always are at least two or three
times that speed
not sure where my problem lies