cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Connection

N/A

Problem with Connection

Hi, I want to know does anybody else have problem with the adsl connection in the last few weeks? My modem keeps disconnecting from the line at random intervals!
16 REPLIES
Saturn
Grafter

RE: Problem with Connection

There were some problems until the recent upgrade on 23rd, but I'm not sure they would have been responsible for disconnections. Things have been much improved since.
N/A

Ive been having exactly the sam problem, and its been driving me mad. Ive got a Dynamode A360 Modem and I think thats the problem.
N/A

> Ive been having exactly the sam problem, and its been driving me mad. Ive got a Dynamode A360 Modem and I think thats the problem.

Same here. It disconnects several times a day and I have to reboot the computer before it will reconnect!

N/A

> Same here. It disconnects several times a day and I have to reboot the computer before it will reconnect!
>

Then it is quite likely is Plusnet then! Because I am using Netgear DG814 and not Dynamode A360! Sad It has just done it again so it is not likely related to the line upgrade work either! Sad
N/A

> > Same here. It disconnects several times a day and I have to reboot the computer before it will reconnect!
> >
>
> Then it is quite likely is Plusnet then! Because I am using Netgear DG814 and not Dynamode A360! Sad It has just done it again so it is not likely related to the line upgrade work either! Sad

Does anyone else have to reboot before being able to reconect?
N/A

I had frequent disconnections up until the upgrade - it used to be between 6mins and 35 mins. Raised a ticket and plus.net had BT look at the line/exchange. Since the ADSL upgrade on the 23rd have still been disconnected but not so often. Am waiting for an update from BT - they think an engineer my have to come out and check their line box in my house! Mind you if lots of us seems to have the same problem - makes you think - is it BT or Plus Net?

I have suggested to plusnet to read the ADSL forums and maybe post a reply or two - their response was that they only post responses in the General forum! Maybe we should start a thread in there!

Regards
Dave

N/A

I have suggested Plusnet read the forum to, as it seems silly having to all going and complain in the general forum.

I have been send numerous emails about the connection and Plusnet blame the way I installed the modem or the modem compatibility and suggested I but a router.

I explained as I bought a starter pack to enable me to connect to ADSL I expect everything to work and not to be told to buy a router.

Still no real help from them..... AND IM STILL DISCONNECTING ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

eglwys
Grafter

> Hi, I want to know does anybody else have problem with the adsl connection in the last few weeks? My modem keeps disconnecting from the line at random intervals!

Just a thought
I was having some disconnecting problems until I remebered my satalite box was connected to the telephone, after putting a splitter/filter in there I have had no more problems
Martin
N/A

Thats not my problem, dont no about everyone else. I have got only one phone line with one extension and I have used filters on both.

Problem with Plusnet or the modem.

N/A

Same problem here. Got the PCI Dynamode Modem, one extension lead with computer on the end (and filters). Best time connected so far about 2 1/2 hours. No need to reboot though. Damn frustrating in the middle of Couterstrike though...

N/A

Plus Net are obviously not responding to our concerns!!!!

N/A

The most important aspect of Adsl for me is the always on. It is no use if it disconnect and I can't connect to my machine from outside!

I have started a thread in the General forum, please have a look and hope that we can generate more interest and force Plusnet to do something!

N/A

lo there,i am using a sar 310 pci modem which was performing fine up untill last week,every time since the upgrade when i turn on or reboot my pc,it has started to take ages for the modem to sync,what use to be 1 min was taking 5-10 mins,then i remembered that i had changed the adsl mode in the config from g.dmt to ansi t1.413 after the last time plusnet had problems with disconnections.i since changed it back and every thing is going great again,i know there was other people who changed there config too at that time i dont know if it has been the upgrade or just a local exchange problem but it could be worth while trying it out one way or the other.good luck

N/A

I'm not sure if it helps you guys but I had the same problem, drove me mad for ages. That is until I spoke to a guy at BT who told me that the USB port 'timed out' (stopped being supplied with power) after a while causing the problem. I'm not sure if that was in fact the problem. But I can say that it has not happened once since installing new USB ports (PCI - own power supply).