cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ADSL and DECT phones

pianotuner

Problem with ADSL and DECT phones

Since installing ADSL I have been having a problem with my digital cordless phones. Within 5 minutes of making or receiving a call it loses the signal and cuts off.

Does anyone know if there is an issue involved here? it could just be a coincidence and my phone has a fault which started at the same time the line was installed.

Robert Wilson.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Problem with ADSL and DECT phones

> Since installing ADSL I have been having a problem with my digital cordless phones. Within 5 minutes of making or receiving a call it loses the signal and cuts off.
>
> Does anyone know if there is an issue involved here? it could just be a coincidence and my phone has a fault which started at the same time the line was installed.
>
> Robert Wilson.

Hi,

This is not an issue I have heard of. I have a friend who uses a set of digital cordless phones on an ADSL line (Samsung I believe) and has no problem of this nature. I think your second assumption may be accurate.

I would raise this initially with residential faults (BT). Try to not even associate this with the start of your ADSL service. In fact, don't even mention this if possible. If you do, it would not be surprising for them to push this immediately through your service provider and refuse to deal with this fault due to its relation to ADSL.

Naturally, we have no problem in raising it for you if that becomes necessary but I'm giving you the best advice I can. See how you go.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: Problem with ADSL and DECT phones

<SNIP>
> > Since installing ADSL I have been having a problem with my digital cordless phones. Within 5 minutes of making or receiving a call it loses the signal and cuts off.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there is an issue involved here? it could just be a coincidence and my phone has a fault which started at the same time the line was installed.
> >
> > Robert Wilson.
>
> Hi,

> This is not an issue I have heard of. I have a friend who uses a set of digital cordless phones on an ADSL line (Samsung I believe) and has no problem of this nature. I think your second assumption may be accurate.
>
</SNIP>

I have two BT Synergy 2150 Digital Cordless phones with the base station attached to a Solwise splitter - No problems.

Could your 5 minute cut-off be due to faulty rechargeable batteries in the phone?

Fredrik