cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of Modem

N/A

Price of Modem

Hi

I was looking through the Argos catalogue when I came across a Binatone ADSL 500 modem for £29.99. The next day I went to order broadband from you and it said that a ADSL modem was £44.99, I guessed that this was probably a better modem and thought it better to go with the one that you suggested (maybe a acatel speedtouch 330?), as soon as I had ordered it told me the modem I had bought, and guess what it was, a Binatone.

Why do you tell people after they have placed their order the model of modem?
Also why is it £15 more expensive to buy from you then Argos, most other broadband suppliers give a lower cost modem to entice buyer?
and why is delivery £10?

If I had known the model before I would have bought from argos and saved £25 and also not had to wait for delivery, you shouldn't be trying to make money from selling modems surely. If you just bought a load from argos then resold them for the same price. And I was unable to switch to wires only after I had placed the order.

Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

Price of Modem

yes it's a binatone 500 - bear in mind, microfilters are about £10-12 for 2 - not sure if the one in argos comes with filters.

I had a modem come through the post from a friend days ebfore the +Net one - i wish i too had gone wires only - still i couldnt at the time afford te activation fee etc

it'sa dam good modem too!

we live and learn..
N/A

Price of Modem

Hi can someone please tell me who delivers the modem? Does it come via Royal Mail as I am expecting mine to be delivered hopefully tomorrow and I don't want to miss the arrival of my modem as my line is apparently now active. I am on dsl connect 150 so have to wait longer for modem.

Thank you in advance.

Sals Smiley
N/A

Price of Modem

It is delivered by citylink, who are not the best of time keepers I am afraid.

You can arrange with the local depot alternate arrangments, including picking the item up from there.
N/A

Price of Modem

yes it's a binatone 500 - bear in mind, microfilters are about £10-12 for 2 - not sure if the one in argos comes with filters.

I had a modem come through the post from a friend days ebfore the +Net one - i wish i too had gone wires only - still i couldnt at the time afford te activation fee etc

it'sa dam good modem too!

we live and learn..

I looked in the Argos catalogue and their modem comes with 1 filter.