cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Drop?

dragona
Grafter

Price Drop?

Hi i ordered ADSL last night 32.99 for 1 MB and had a 1 month contract ... today ive noticed that the prices have dropped to £3 lower ... does this mean my price will drop since the 32.99 hasnt been processed yet? or will have to stay with 32.99 per month?
36 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Price Drop?

You will probably have to stay with the £32.99 a month, as your order will already have been "looked at" by PlusNet's computers. However, you might be able to cancel... or, instead, wait until you've got your new account up and running, and pay £11.75 to regrade to Broadband Home Premier 1MB with a 1 month contract.

Thomas
Ianwild
Grafter

Price Drop?

Hi,

I will need to check this on Tuesday, (if you could drop me an email - iwild@plus.net It will serve as a good reminder), but off the top of my head I would say that if you haven't been activated yet there should not be a problem in moving your account type to the new 1MB premier version instead.

We certainly don't want to penalise anyone in this, but it's always the way that someone will sign-up to a product just before a different one gets launched!

Regards,

Ian
dragona
Grafter

Price Drop?

sent Smiley thanks for the reply i just hope BT are as lazy as usual with my line activation now :roll: i hope i inculded the correct details.
N/A

Price Drop?

Hi
So am i right in thinking that if im a 512k customer paying 24.99 a mth i will have to continue paying this?
Community Veteran

Price Drop?

If you don't change to another product, yes.

All the existing products will remain unchanged with their existing features and costs.
dragona
Grafter

Price Drop?

hi, i think you can use the upgrade option on your account to upgrade it to the new packages. but from what kuglin said about it you will probs have to pay an £11.75 fee to upgrade. not sure though im still with my old ISP (56K) till my line gets activated (if at all). im just new around these parts Tongue

i also have another question now, if i put all my micro filters in now and all the stuff would this result in a decrease in my Dial up speed? its dropped today (about 3 hours after i put them in) ive tried taking them out no difference ive recieved a drop of 10 Kps so my connection is VERY slow Sad
N/A

Price Drop?

I have 1 mb does that mean i will pay less
Community Veteran

Price Drop?

extreme17, See the answer I gave 3 posts up - No, all existing accounts stay as they are and your payments will not change.

Dragona, the ADSL filter/splitters should not effect your transmission speed. There are designed to filter out the higher frequencies used by ADSL and not effect the frequencies used by your modem.
N/A

Price Drop?

Whats gone off with the pricing aint there unlimited usage now. Its all confusing
Community Veteran

Price Drop?

All the Home products (except homeworker) have been revamped to include bandwidth limited and unlimited options. I suggest you take your time and read all the information that is available. The unlimited products are now called premium for each of the speed choices.
dragona
Grafter

Price Drop?

1MB home, unlimited Bandwidth (Premium +£6) = 29.99 innit?
N/A

Price Drop?

Yeah i see it now we shud get the price drop 2 then
N/A

Price Drop?

Yep, agreed customer loyalty and all that.

On the other hand, if I now regrade will I pay the new price and if not, why...my initial contract excluded modem so +Net are not re-couping costs for that?
Community Veteran

Price Drop?

Yeah i see it now we shud get the price drop 2 then

Not unless you pay to move to the new products. This has been explained in several threads and in the FAQs.

On the other hand, if I now regrade will I pay the new price and if not, why...my initial contract excluded modem so +Net are not re-couping costs for that?

I suspect you can only regrade to one of the new products so you will be paying the new prices if you do. There may be other costs involved if your on a yearly contract but PlusNet support should be able to explain what the actual costs should be if you ask them.