cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Connection only at 1Mbps

N/A

I was activated on Tuesday. I have subscribed to the Premier service but am only connected at 1.1Mbps. When previously with Tiscali my connection was showing 2Mbps so it is possible on my line. Please can someone let me know what is happening. I am awaiting response on two tickets, 17321332 since yesterday and 17372836 since 7.30am this morning.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Have just received reponse to tickets.:
Actioned : Dear Mr chapman,
Our initial line checks showed that your line could only support 1mb, after checking again it appears that you can now support 2mb. We have issued a speed regrade at no cost to you for this.
This can take upto seven days to complete

However their initial test was as follows:-

Service Notice: SN20310572
Raised: 2005-08-11 15:02:34 by: Support
The following result was returned by BT Speed Checker for CLI number *********
Speed : 2000
BT Product: BT IPStream Home 2000

Following the results returned by the BT Speed Checker the order has been sent to BT on BT IPStream Home 2000 for this customer.

It really is not very impressive!

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Fixed the BBCode tags, and removed your phone (CLI) number]
N/A

Just been connected correctly at 2Mbps. Many thanks Plusnet - you are redeeming yourselves!
Community Veteran

Quick point to note, it's BT that does the activations not PN, therefore BT are to blame. Glad your back on 2 meg.
N/A

Thank you Daniel
I had my suspicions but what really upset me was getting no response for 24 hours to my complaints! Having been off line for some ten days or so it was a relief to be connected again but dissapointing not to have the correct speed.
However I'm looking forward now to great things from Plusnet.