cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Accounts

N/A

Premier Accounts

I am concerned recently about reports of ISP's capping connections... Just wondering is there any possibility in the near future of PlusNet imposing say a 75Gb limit on all Premier accounts? And if so does this mean that we can cancel our contracts once PlusNet make this change?
4 REPLIES
lowry
Grafter

Premier Accounts

This has been discussed and a comment given by PlusNet in this thread. I think eventually products with no restrictions like the Broadband Home Premier products will have a certain limit. The market is moving towards that way with BT Wholesale changing how it charges ISPs by introducing Usage Based Charging (UBC) and Capacity Based Charging (CBC).

matt Wink
N/A

Premier Accounts

I bloody hope not. I want unlimited all the time. I might not use loads but we pay a lot out for our connections we shud get unlimited. If plus net cap there service luks like i am off 2 aol bb even though they suck./
Community Veteran

Premier Accounts

Unfortunately you wont have a choice as every ISP will eventually have to impose some limits on data transfer in order to stay in business, as BT's new costing methods will mean the majority of the costs will be in the ISP camp rather than BTs. The low users are already subsidising the high usage users but this cannot go on indefinately.
N/A

Premier Accounts

It's a distinct possability that all ISP will have some capping in the future, simply because it'll be too expensive to carry on with unrestricted download accounts.

I too prefer an unrestricted account, but it depends on that caps that are set, as to how much of a problem it would be to me. For example if the cap was 100Gb a month, I could live with that. In addition, they might have several high end user accounts with different caps and a monthly cost accordling. I'm only guessing here.

Aaron