cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode

N/A

Postcode

Apparently the postcode we use is not the same as the one that is registered to the BT line. How do I adjust my application after I have originally submitted it and apply again.

Also, is there a blooming number to call as it's hard to keep asking q's on the internet when we don't really have the internet! That's why we're applying for it.

Andy
6 REPLIES
N/A

Postcode

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums.

This crops up every now and then, where the BT database doesnt actually match the customers details.

It can crop up in new developments etc or it could be down to a simple mistake by BT.

Generally a phone call to BT to ensure that their records are correct and updated right across the board to BT Wholsale, does the job.

Failing that, and I have done this myself, you could take the chance on submitting the order, using the details which match those held by BT.

The first option would clearly be the better of the 2 though.

As for phoning, if you are prepared for the wait times, at what is a very busy period, you could call 0845 1400 200. However Phoning BT on 150 should be your first point of call. Having spoken to them, then update your ticket or ring the CSC.

Hope that helps a bit.
N/A

Updating ticket

Wow Mark, thank you so much.

I have now called BT and they insist that that is the postcode for our address (we have only just moved in). So I need to edit my order, how do I do that?

Thanks for your help,

Andy
N/A

Postcode

Hi Andy,

You're welcome. Smiley

To amend your order visit this link http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=questions

There should be an open query regarding the post code issue. Reply to that ticket asking them to change the postcode and that should get the ball rolling again.

Good luck and if there's any more problems just shout.
Fixes: 115

Postcode

I have now called BT and they insist that that is the postcode for our address (we have only just moved in). So I need to edit my order, how do I do that?

Don't bank on BT being correct. When I moved to a new development I gave my correct Post Code and they insisted on changing it. PN refused to give me an Residential ADSL account on a business address.

My advice is to confim the Post Code with the local council's Council Tax office. This is what I did and sent that confirmation to both PN and BT.

HTH

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Postcode

Oh great, thanks very much.

Andy
N/A

Me too.

A new build, and some major postcode confusion led to a few days of problems. Plus net were very quick to reply, so well done to their staff. I had some issues with getting through on the phone, but this was solved due to their 24 hour helpline and a bout of insomnia. Smiley

Eventually, it was all sorted by using the royal mail's address finder and copying the exact address across for plus net to use. This might not help everyone, but if you know you have more than one possible iteration of your address, if you give plus net all of them, and ask them to use whichever works, that seems to solve the problem Cheesy