cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get 2mb?

N/A

Possible to get 2mb?

I currently have a 1mb connection, and was wondering if anyone knew if i could get a 2mb with these line stats.

DSL Status
Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps) 288
Downstream Rate (Kbps) 1152
US Margin 27
DS Margin 17
Modulation MMODE
LOS Errors 1
DS Line Attenuation 53
US Line Attenuation 60
Path Mode Fast Path

DSL Statistics
Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Think thats the information thats needed.
9 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Possible to get 2mb?

No, with those figures BT will not consider you for 2Mb.
The top limit on Downstream Attenuation for 2Mb is 43dB, and you have " DS Line Attenuation 53" which is well above.
Sorry to sound harsh, but they are not open to discussion on this, having had quite a few problems after upgrading loads of people at or slightly above the limit when the mass upgrades started earlier in the year. Cry
N/A

Possible to get 2mb?

thanks for the quick reply.

cheers for the info, was pretty unsure about it myself.
N/A

Possible to get 2mb?

Hi Ian

I am currently only receiving max 512k download speeds (nowhere near that in reality). PN said that my line is limited to 512k, but I want to check they or BT are not pulling a fast one. How can I obtain the same information you got for this posting (I am connecting via a BT voyager 205 router) as I would like to confirm this also?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Community Veteran

Possible to get 2mb?

Go the the 'DSL Parameters and Status' page on the modem which will tell you what it is. If you don't know how to get there I suggest you read the manual.
N/A

Possible to get 2mb?

No, with those figures BT will not consider you for 2Mb.
The top limit on Downstream Attenuation for 2Mb is 43dB, and you have " DS Line Attenuation 53" which is well above.
Sorry to sound harsh, but they are not open to discussion on this, having had quite a few problems after upgrading loads of people at or slightly above the limit when the mass upgrades started earlier in the year. Cry

My DSL Status is nearly the same, mine is 60, is there any way to get it down to 43db or under.
Community Veteran

Possible to get 2mb?

No.
Community Veteran

Possible to get 2mb?

Nah! No chance kevinharman Sad Sorry m8!

You would be best looking forward to MaxDsl (or whatever it's called) sometime next year. You may find you get an increase then! Smiley
N/A

Possible to get 2mb?

Thank You both very much for your very quick replys.
Saves me upgrading and paying for 2 Mb
jagger
Grafter

Possible to get 2mb?

My DSL Status is nearly the same, mine is 60, is there any way to get it down to 43db or under.

Yes there is.

Move closer to a telephone exchange. (Actual length of copper wire) Next door would be good.