cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Broadband Speed Check

robstreats
Grafter

Portal Broadband Speed Check

I have a Home ADSL 512kps package - for the last 7-10 days,when I initially click on the 'Green Big Brother' web page I get results up to 1.1 mps shown; however if I click re-test, it always shows a speed proper to my connection i.e. around 506 kps.
Has anyone found this and perhaps PlusNet Support would like to comment?
--
Robin M Streatfield
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Portal Broadband Speed Check

> I have a Home ADSL 512kps package - for the last 7-10 days,when I initially click on the 'Green Big Brother' web page I get results up to 1.1 mps shown; however if I click re-test, it always shows a speed proper to my connection i.e. around 506 kps.
> Has anyone found this and perhaps PlusNet Support would like to comment?
Hi there,
It's probably because your browser is caching the initial page and it's loading the page from your cache (i.e. very fast). Have you tried a different browser?
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

RE: Portal Broadband Speed Check

> I have a Home ADSL 512kps package - for the last 7-10 days,when I initially click on the 'Green Big Brother' web page I get results up to 1.1 mps shown; however if I click re-test, it always shows a speed proper to my connection i.e. around 506 kps.
> Has anyone found this and perhaps PlusNet Support would like to comment?
>
> --
> Robin M Streatfield

I've had a similar experience, I was downloading Debian Linux via FTP and at one point I spent a couple of hours with a net throughput in excess of 1Mbit/s. Ok it was 3am but...

Tim