cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port capacity "Red" on Exchange?

N/A

Hi I am interested in upgrading from my current 512kbps connection to a 2mb one. Hovewere currently on my Exchange status although the VP capacity is "Green" the Port Capacity is "Red". What does this mean and would it preven an upgrade from going ahead or make a difference to connection speeds?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Port capacity won't prevent an upgrade.

As your line already has a port assigned, it will simply be reused.

Red does not always mean there are no ports left, just that the supply is lower than the demand.
N/A

But it wouldn't affect the speed of my connection?
N/A

Port capacity will not cause problems regarding your speeds. Only Vp capacity does this.

Each line is assigned to a port. Lack or ports mean no more lines can be enabled.
N/A

Just checking...curently I am or was Wink on an unlimited 512kbps connection for £21.99 a month before the fair usage thingy came into play (no idea what i'm on now but think I still pay the same price.) I use Xbox live and the internet regularily but think I use about 5GB-10GB per month. If I moved to the broadband premier account I would be able to do everything the same but have the maximum speed my line supports (Which as far as I know is 2mb).
Is this correct?

thanks.

P.S does it matter what router I have? I currently have a Binatone ADSL 2100 router that I got from PlusNet when buying broadband for the first time.