cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor help service ( or lack off)

N/A

Poor help service ( or lack off)

I have 3 problems and I find it a bit of a waste of time as to post a problem as the answers that are supplied are so vague at times. I understand that your support team must get heaps of problems to solve per day, I realize this but if it was not a problem, and I could solve it myself I would,not be asking in the first place, so therefore I have decided to contact you direct.

1. when on-line and press to go to a favorite or to another page, it hangs for a bit then all off a sudden the (blue icons) light up and away we go. Should it do that or should it go there straight away, with out hanging or is it my PC, it just seems a bit slow sometimes?.

2. I have a problem with crackle on my telephone wenever my PC is on, and the U.S. Robotics USB modem is on weather I'm on-line or not The phone is a Panasonic phone come fax machine it shares the same incoming line as my PC the other day when we were on-line and I used the hands free side of the phone it didn't crackle. Insight were going to send me another splitter but it never appeared, I have tried the other splitter that I have and also another phone and it still crackles?. Also since I have installed the USB modem I lost my swift card reader for my digi camera. And I am unable to use my Visioneer OneTouch scanner without unplugging the usb connection to the U.S. Robotics 8500 modem, I am using XP.

3. Finally. Iwould like to use Eudora 5.1 and I can't configure it, I can send but can't receive, when receiving the atlas starts wirring, and the thin blue line appears, but nothing appears in my in box. Your people have told me its on your portal but I just can't see the wood from the trees. Perhaps you could put up on your help side something like OneTel does enclosed.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Poor help service ( or lack off)

Try postng in the plusnet forum at www.adslguide.org.uk plusnet keeps an eye on these posts and you get good answers.

The other forums may already have answered aspects of your problem
N/A

> I have 3 problems and I find it a bit of a waste of time as to post a problem as the answers that are supplied are so vague at times. I understand that your support team must get heaps of problems to solve per day, I realize this but if it was not a problem, and I could solve it myself I would,not be asking in the first place, so therefore I have decided to contact you direct.
>
> 1. when on-line and press to go to a favorite or to another page, it hangs for a bit then all off a sudden the (blue icons) light up and away we go. Should it do that or should it go there straight away, with out hanging or is it my PC, it just seems a bit slow sometimes?.
>
> 2. I have a problem with crackle on my telephone wenever my PC is on, and the U.S. Robotics USB modem is on weather I'm on-line or not The phone is a Panasonic phone come fax machine it shares the same incoming line as my PC the other day when we were on-line and I used the hands free side of the phone it didn't crackle. Insight were going to send me another splitter but it never appeared, I have tried the other splitter that I have and also another phone and it still crackles?. Also since I have installed the USB modem I lost my swift card reader for my digi camera. And I am unable to use my Visioneer OneTouch scanner without unplugging the usb connection to the U.S. Robotics 8500 modem, I am using XP.
>
> 3. Finally. Iwould like to use Eudora 5.1 and I can't configure it, I can send but can't receive, when receiving the atlas starts wirring, and the thin blue line appears, but nothing appears in my in box. Your people have told me its on your portal but I just can't see the wood from the trees. Perhaps you could put up on your help side something like OneTel does enclosed.
>

N/A

> > I have 3 problems and I find it a bit of a waste of time as to post a problem as the answers that are supplied are so vague at times. I understand that your support team must get heaps of problems to solve per day, I realize this but if it was not a problem, and I could solve it myself I would,not be asking in the first place, so therefore I have decided to contact you direct.
> >
> > 1. when on-line and press to go to a favorite or to another page, it hangs for a bit then all off a sudden the (blue icons) light up and away we go. Should it do that or should it go there straight away, with out hanging or is it my PC, it just seems a bit slow sometimes?.

It may be a little slow. Have you tried the latest drivers for your ADSL device? Also are you specifying DNS?

> > 2. I have a problem with crackle on my telephone wenever my PC is on, and the U.S. Robotics USB modem is on weather I'm on-line or not The phone is a Panasonic phone come fax machine it shares the same incoming line as my PC the other day when we were on-line and I used the hands free side of the phone it didn't crackle. Insight were going to send me another splitter but it never appeared, I have tried the other splitter that I have and also another phone and it still crackles?. Also since I have installed the USB modem I lost my swift card reader for my digi camera. And I am unable to use my Visioneer OneTouch scanner without unplugging the usb connection to the U.S. Robotics 8500 modem, I am using XP.

You need a splitter on your modem.
You need a splitter on each telephone.

If the modem is causing the line to crackle even after trying a number of splitters, you will need to contact the modem manufacturers/people you bought the modem from. The modem shoule not cause crackling.

> >
> > 3. Finally. Iwould like to use Eudora 5.1 and I can't configure it, I can send but can't receive, when receiving the atlas starts wirring, and the thin blue line appears, but nothing appears in my in box. Your people have told me its on your portal but I just can't see the wood from the trees. Perhaps you could put up on your help side something like OneTel does enclosed.
> >
>
>

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=142 is the url for the eudora support page.

Kind Regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----