cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service,

N/A

Poor customer service,

After hearing the good news regarding plusnets customer service, i was a little cheesed off when trying to register for the 3rd time some 7 days ago, and finding that my account hasnt got past the 1st stage.

After calling customer services and speaking to a technical adviser i was told that they havent received my direct debit for which i know that they have. The question that was then raised was will i have this processed shortly?. The reply from the technical advisor was that i would have to wait, a further 6 days for this to be processedHuh thats nearly 2 weeks all together and im no further forward?

is this good customer service i ask?? No is the answer.
It has actually taken 3 attempts to try and sign up with plusnet as they had problems with there site not retaing users details when trying to submit a new account 2 weeks ago!. Further to this poor service, a collegue at work has received a incorrect advice with connecting his modem the weekend and had to use a friends to get on line, when he called the technical support back there was conflicting information that was provided, the 1st techician was at fault and the 2nd technician confirmed this?
Is this good customer service is ask?? No is the answer.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Poor customer service,

Why not just go elsewhere?
N/A

Poor customer service,

PlusNet are usually very good

give them the benefit of the doubt,

once you up and running the service is really quite good

(albeit expensive)
N/A

Poor customer service,

I have no problems with them there quite good. Expensive i wud not say that i think there a lot cheaper than other isp
N/A

Poor customer service,

personal feeling £ 70 because i move house

im doing it again soon

thats £ 140 !!!!
Community Veteran

Poor customer service,

The bulk of that cost is for BT not PlusNet, and they are exceptional charges, not everyone moves house so often.

Those costs are really part of your moving costs and not a direct reflection on PlusNet and their charges.
Community Veteran

Poor customer service,

You cant expect every tecnical support person to have the right answer every time. It depends on the information you are getting from the customer (some people do lie when they talk to support staff) and it depends on various other factors. Its like anything, you go into a shop and you are not always going to get the best advice from the salesman (or woman).

As for the time taken in the fees, if they have messed it up then yes its a mistake, but they cant do anything about the time scales taken to get the direct debit setup and adsl activated once they have all the correct information and are processing it correctly regardless of who's fault it was.

Chris