cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service!

N/A

Poor Service!

I requested an account upgrade on the 7th July (3 weeks ago tomorrow) and you have managed to progress my request to:

'Your Direct Debit was received on 7th July 2004, at 10:46 and is currently being set up. This can take five working days or more to complete.
When the process is completed we will proceed with your ADSL activation.'

This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm an existing customer who already has a direct debit with you and the account details are exactly the same! 3 weeks to setup a direct debit!!

I finally got fed up and queried the ticket (12574281) yesterday and revived a reply to provide a telephone number for the ADSL line, I provided this in ticket 12584402:

Re: Ticket 12574281.
'Can you provide the telephone number you wish to have the broadband service provided on we will then put your order through from this end.'

The following number should be used for my ADSL line:
[removed] at '2004-07-19 20:24:40'.

Now a further 24hrs later and still nothing!

This is very disappointing and frustrating, can someone please tell me what the hell is taking so long?

My exchange is ADSL activated this Friday - 23/7/2004, so I made the request in plenty of time - I thought!

Steve.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Removed phone number, as posting it in public is probably not a good idea.]
6 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Poor Service!

If I remember correctly, it is not possible for plus net (or any other isp) to submit your order to bt untill after the exchange has been enabled.
csogilvie
Grafter

Poor Service!

Yes, your order won't be submited until your exchange is active from memory, as BT won't process it until then, anyway.
N/A

Poor Service!

EDIT: according to BT Wholesales website my exchange (Newtonhill) is now ADSL enabled! (just checked 9:34am).

If this is the case why are they asking for a telephone number?

I quote:
'Can you provide the telephone number you wish to have the broadband service provided on we will then put your order through from this end.'

?

Steve.
csogilvie
Grafter

Poor Service!

Presumably because it is not clear which phone number you wish it active on.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Poor Service!

Hi Steve,

Your order looks like it is going through OK now. Whilst it is technically possible to place orders with BT before the exchange ready date it is usually best to wait until they are enabled for a couple of reasons. Firstly, in the case of ISDN conversions or BT Install accounts we might not be able to book an engineer visit because they only accept dates a few weeks in advance, and secondly there could be a problem at the exchange which delays the ready date so we'd have to look through the ordering system and replace all the orders.
N/A

Order

Dave,

Thanks for the reply, and yes the order seems to be progressing now - seemingly the system had not progressed my order at all - so after a few phone calls it was put through manually and should be sorted within the next week or two.

Regards

Steve.