cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll to sort out incomplete binary usenet groups.

N/A

Poll to sort out incomplete binary usenet groups.

Usenet users,

Since Plusnet appears to be back on the fast lane as compared with the other isp's now. Well, what I mean is, Plusnet have fixed a number of hardware related faults and now are much more stable.

I am a binary newsgroup user and yes if you are too, you would have realised that there are many incomplete binary posts. We need to get plusnet to get this on to their priority list now.

If you are with me then just add your comments and hopefully (*fingers xx*), Plusnet starts adding extra feeds/sources etc..who knows this be the best/cheapest isp all round d>8-).

Enough said, now start posting.

BB.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Poll to sort out incomplete binary usenet groups.

> Usenet users,
>
> Since Plusnet appears to be back on the fast lane as compared with the other isp's now. Well, what I mean is, Plusnet have fixed a number of hardware related faults and now are much more stable.
>
> I am a binary newsgroup user and yes if you are too, you would have realised that there are many incomplete binary posts. We need to get plusnet to get this on to their priority list now.
>
> If you are with me then just add your comments and hopefully (*fingers xx*), Plusnet starts adding extra feeds/sources etc..who knows this be the best/cheapest isp all round d>8-).
>
> Enough said, now start posting.
>
> BB.

Yes i to use the news groups binary section most of the files are incomplete, so a fix would be great.
N/A

I complainedd recently about incomplete message on uk.politics.censorship so anything to get newsgroups properly propogated is to be lauded .
Stuart

Usenet users,
>
> Since Plusnet appears to be back on the fast lane as compared with the other isp's now. Well, what I mean is, Plusnet have fixed a number of hardware related faults and now are much more stable.
>
> I am a binary newsgroup user and yes if you are too, you would have realised that there are many incomplete binary posts. We need to get plusnet to get this on to their priority list now.
>
> If you are with me then just add your comments and hopefully (*fingers xx*), Plusnet starts adding extra feeds/sources etc..who knows this be the best/cheapest isp all round d>8-).
>
> Enough said, now start posting.
>
> BB.

N/A

Ditto here.

A good news feed would be a bonus
N/A

Especially seeing that we are paying for 'Full, uncensored newsfeed with a comprehensive source of newsgroups.' according to plusnet's own product marketing lies. However whenever you broach this subject with plusnet the support droids will just give you the usual rubbish about how they are continually improving the newsfeed and regularly adding peers. Well plusnet, how about you either provide what your product feature lists say you do, or remove the lies from these pages altogether? What's it going to be?

mike001
Grafter

> > I am a binary newsgroup user and yes if you are too, you would have realised that there are many incomplete binary posts. We need to get plusnet to get this on to their priority list now.
>
> Especially seeing that we are paying for 'Full, uncensored newsfeed with a comprehensive source of newsgroups.' according to plusnet's own product marketing lies. However whenever you broach this subject with plusnet the support droids will just give you the usual rubbish about how they are continually improving the newsfeed and regularly adding peers. Well plusnet, how about you either provide what your product feature lists say you do, or remove the lies from these pages altogether? What's it going to be?
>
>

Dont hold ya breath....Force9 is the best news feed but still incomplete
And Free on line the same ISP i.e Plusnet
is *****
Why thay need 3 news feeds for the same ISP beats me
AS thay are ALL usless
I now pay £60 a year to claranet for my news feed...Witch P%£$ me off as when you sign up it say that thay have a comprehensive new feed
thay do list a lot alot of the groups but most if not all have parts missing
It is very misleading when you sign up

N/A

> > > I am a binary newsgroup user and yes if you are too, you would have realised that there are many incomplete binary posts. We need to get plusnet to get this on to their priority list now.

> I now pay £60 a year to claranet for my news feed...

Just to add my complaint. I too employ the services of a 3rd party newsserver (usenetserver - unlimited downloads with a 'useable' service, ie not much retention), but would rather have what was described when i signed up. Will Plusnet improve as long as people are willing to use a top up service or will posts like these get them to act?