cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

I've just (finally) got an ADSL (512k) migration date to move from BTO to +net.

What can I expect to be better about Plusnet (apart from the price!) than BT?

Will it be faster?

Thanks,

Mark
9 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

a great service but dont rely on the help.. come to this forum if u need any ... never call teh help desk :p

Buz
Community Veteran

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

Did you not check what PlusNet would offer before migrating Wink

Your connection may not be faster (there is a limit to what you can get over 512K) but it should not be slower. A few tweaks may be needed to get the best out of your connection - see MTU tweak.

PlusNet do offer a far superior survice and support than BTO, and they actually answer your emails - although you don't normally use email, you use this forum for probklems or the contact us ticket system.

I guess only time will tell if you feel it is a better service, many have migrated like you (I'm ex BTO) and I have found the service very good.
glyndev
Grafter

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

Did you not check what PlusNet would offer before migrating Wink .

If he has migrated without checking first, then he is saying a lot about the level of service from BT.
Community Veteran

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

I was originally with BT for my internet and I did actually work for them for 32 years Cry (long time ago though now)
Having found and moved to PluNet (the free-online arm first of all) I would not even consider going back to BT or anywhere else for that matter. Cheesy
N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

I was originally with BT for my internet and I did actually work for them for 32 years

aye i remember when streets were cobbled and i had to push my bike up that hill.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
glyndev
Grafter

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

Didnt realise that BT had been going long enough for mammoth power. :twisted: :twisted: Wink
N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

oh aye yeh, and germans bombed bakery
N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

aye i remember when streets were cobbled and i had to push my bike up that hill.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah you was the boy in the Hovis ad then? Tongue
N/A

Plusnet vs BT Openworld

Thanks for the replies!

I did research thoroughly before I moved over, but I just wanted some opinions of what the change was like in the real-world.

I've never had any problems with BT (I guess I've been lucky!) apart from the staff never seem to know what they're on about (I've very rarely needed to call them though) and the prices are far too high.

The main reason I'm changing to Plusnet is because of the price, and also static IP. Since I've never needed to use BTO service/support, that didn't really bother me. But it's nice to know a good quality service is there if I need it.

I was just curious to know if anything else would improve, other than the cost! Smiley