cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet starter packs support

N/A

I reckon I currently have the longest support ticket ever.
That is in terms of both length and duration. :x

If you would like to see it please reply here and I will post it as it is VERY long.
It is also of interest to anyone considering getting a starter pack from Plusnet. :twisted:
19 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi,

You might want to check the forum guidelines - posting of tickets in contact us into the public forums is not allowed.

Chris
N/A

Thanks for the tip Shockedops:
I will post a URL later for those who wish to see the gory details
N/A

Again, without the permission, any link would likely be removed.
N/A

Wow this is a constrictive board

OK then Plusnet win again.

Looks like I'll have to take this to someone elses board.
Maybe a more public one like ADSLGuide

Or you could use my contact details below to get in touch
N/A

It is a legal issue.

It could potentialy give away personal details.

While it is you giving the information out, it is still the plus.net systems that serves it to the public. This could be classed as a brech of the data protection act.
N/A

No matter how much you wriggle +net will stuff you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Community Veteran

You can post a summary of your ticket. But you can not post the ticket's actual content anywhere. It's forbidden by the forum guidelines but any reproduction of the actual ticket is likely to be restricted for legal issues.

Chris
N/A

Another alternative is that you could just explain what the issue is here and someone may be able to help resolve it..
N/A

When I first boot my PC, for approxiately 45 minutes or so, I cannot maintain sync, It is constant Ding!, Ding!, Ding! as the line goes up and down.

I explained to Plus that this wasn't a big deal when browsing, however if you have ever tried to play an online game like Everquest you will see the problem.

We have tried all of supports suggestions (repeatedly in some cases)
I have not made changes to my hardware, I have tried the latest plusnet supported drivers, reinstalled original drivers, removed all devices from telephone ports, plugged directly into the master socket etc.....

If anyone has any resolutions great, however this was not the reason for my post. The reason for my post was to outline how ineffective Plusnets support are at resolving issues even where the customer is bending over so far backwards he can backheel himself in the head. It would seem howver Plus do not like anyone to have the opportunity to this so I have taken my post elsewhere. ( I would link it but that is also banned)
N/A

Each of the tips and hints we could give for the starter packs are different for the three packs (Router, USB, PCI).

However, you havn't told us which one you obtained.
N/A

The equipment in question is the dire Conexant A220 PCI modem supplied by Plusnet during November 2002

I am not however going to be drawn into details as I have made a post on a more public (unconstraining) board as stated elsewhere. I appreciate this is more than a little unhelpful to you, but I am not going to spare plusnets blushes by heavily editing the ticket to their liking. If you wish to see it (the post) head to ADSLGuides website, it is under the "ISP Unhappiness" message board.
N/A

Sounds like working out your undeniable frustration is somewhat more important than finding a resolution to your issue. Good luck.
Community Veteran

I've had the same problems with the Conexant modem, and I can tell you, it does get really frustrating. When I contacted +Net support about it, they basically knew nothing whatsoever about it, thus I didn't get much help from them.

Oh well. :roll: I've since got myself a router anyway.

Thomas
N/A

Self support, or support from others here is likely to be the best way to resolve all but the most common/repetative issues. For what we pay for our internet connection I for one think PlusNet do a remarkable job. Not to say they don't frustrate at times, or that there aren't areas that could be improved. They do, unlike others, appear to be prepared to take on board constructive criticism.