cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet "Accidentally" closing tickets

ColH
Grafter

I've had two questions (ID: 21482158 & ID: 21542860) closed apparently by accident in the last month. One was within hours of being asked for some more information and the other was supposed to be open for at least another 8 days.
Has anybody else received this kind of treatment. Its one way of keeping their open fault log stats looking healthier.

What is even worse is that they claim that they cannot just reopen them. I've been developing software systems for over 30 years and I find that very very hard to believe that they would have such an inflexible system especially as they appears to be so accident prone.
40 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PN cannot re-open tickets as that facility was never designed into the ticket system when it was originally written many years ago. The ticket system is also integrated into a lot of internal systems and the work involved to add a re-open facility now would not be cost effective.

As for the tickets being closed, CS should not be able to close tickets that you have created and if this is happening then that is a major problem with PN need to be made aware of.
N/A

Yes, it happened to my question number 20999832, a day before 'further action' and when PN was supposed to be sending an engineer.

Nobody said it was an accident, but I didn't close it and I had to log a new question (or 2 or 3).
ColH
Grafter

Thanks peterv. When I told them about the first one they didn't say "that should not be possible/we will look into it".
As to the second I'm still waiting to here their excuse!
ColH
Grafter

Here's their "excuse". (So it seems peterv', that its not just the ticket creator that can close 'em. How jolly handy for PlusNet)
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Tickets you raise through the help & support section cannot be closed by support staff. Tickets added to the account internally and tickets created by scripts (faults, billing etc) can be closed by support. The ticket you are referencing was in the second category, it should still not have been closed until the problem was resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
ColH
Grafter

Ah yet another unfortunatly closed question Id 21606496.
Plusnet say ...
Unfortunately your question was closed because BTs automated system closed the fault while we were waiting for the engineer results.

Who is actually in control of your system Plusnet. It clearly isn't yourselves!
Liam
Grafter

Where does it say that?

The ticket shows the fault being closed by us as being caused by your internal extention wiring?
ColH
Grafter

Thanks for you interest lmartin.
It says it in Id 21637692 which I raised to complain about the closure and to try to carry things on after the Engineer visit.

Where did you get the text about extension wiring?

Now as you can see from 21637692 I've had an engineer visit and with his diagnostics gear was able to reproduce the intermittent issue. Then after consulting with the OpenReach help desk BT now say the problem is with the ISP.
Yet from his reply your Craig Senior does not got the hang of things.
Is the only way that I am going to see if its an ISP issue or a BT issue is to move provider. That would be a pity after all these years.
ColH
Grafter

Come on IMartin don't go quiet on me now just when it was starting to sound interesting ;-)
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've raised a problem internally on the fault being automatically closed (41680) to try and get to the bottom of this.

I've also asked one of the faults guys to take a look at your ticket.
ColH
Grafter

You're a star! I'm a software engineer and have done a lot of work with comms protocols. I also used to be a hardware engineer so you can tell your fault guy that I can understand and check out/experiment pretty much anything that he might want help with!
ColH
Grafter

Well it looked quite promising there for a while when a few Plusnet people who seemed to have a grasp of the situation got involved. Then there was a gap while I was on holiday and now that I'm back I seem to be having trouble with plusnet folks loosing site of the fact that its intermittent (and only show up on connection establishment) let alone that I've already had an engineer visit (fault reproduced but said it was a plusnet issue). So if someone with a grasp reads this please intercede again.
Desperate of Chelmsford
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Looks like one of the faults guys has sent this back to BT, one thing I would add is have you seen the same problem with the username bt_test@startup_domain that's a BT test login and if the problem happens on that as well then it point the problem as either being BT side or with your equipment.
ColH
Grafter

Thanks Dave. Well the engineer or visited and reproduced a PPP issue didn't ask for any ISP details so I imagine he must have used some BT test settings. So I'd say that that places the issue with BT wouldn't you?