cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet just upgraded me to 8 meg

N/A

The data from the BT site is only a guide and shouldn't not be 100% relied upon.

For example the guide says for my connection, I would need a BT engineer to install my connection in order for 1Mb. However I upgraded my connection to 1Mb without any problems at all.
23 REPLIES
N/A

Just had the router re-sync and its showing i'm connecting at 8 meg, amazing Cool

upgrades must have started early.
craigbrass
Grafter

How exactly are they doing the upgrades? An area at a time? And would this not be a good idea to announce who is getting it?
the_norris
Grafter

Nice April fools Smiley
N/A

Ic alled PLusnet ot get a update on the 8mb lines, the situation is as follows, Bt have mailed the scustomers they want to test 8mb with. there are only 2k people on this trial, national roll out is in August, aso plusnet will get it IN august,

So i have cancelled mty waste of cash account and am signing up to bulldogs 4mb, rolling monthly for substantially less. And when UKonline roll out in 4-6 weeks in my area, Il be able to cancel and switch. No rpoblem,s no more wasted cash.
N/A

Re: Plusnet just upgraded me to 8 meg

upgrades must have started early.

Show us a screenshot then Smiley
craigbrass
Grafter

I just called PlusNet and aparently only London and some areas of Scotland are being trialed at the moment.....GRRRR!
N/A

Yep, it's a pretty limited trial on 2000 lines spread across 21 exchanges

For more details of the high speed trials, take a look at this ADSLGuide Article
craigbrass
Grafter

I thought it was 500 exchanges.....GRRR @ PlusNet's initial post!
N/A

Plusnet customers served by the following exchanges have been selected to participate in the initial stages of the trial:-

* Bridge of Weir
* Chiswick
* Crayford
* Greenford
* Harrow
* Merton Park
* Mill Hill
* Northolt
* Ochiltree
* Orpington
* Pinner
* Putney
* Wallington

WHAT ABOUT ME THEN Evil GRRRR, all this bull about in april ALL plusnet customers can take advantage of the 8Mbit if lines are capable .. dam liars
N/A

I do beleive you are mixed up between several messages.

I don't remember PlusNet saying all customers would be able to take advantage of 8Mb right off.

The free upgrades of speeds upto 2Mb start this month though.
N/A

I don't remember PlusNet saying all customers would be able to take advantage of 8Mb right off.

i'm trying to locate the post that stated that ,looked everywhere cant find it :?
holdtight
Grafter

Philip is right plusnet didnt say all customers would get 8mb right off, you should have recieved an email which states

From April, you will be able to take advantage of these faster broadband speeds as they become available, giving you a free-of-charge upgrade to the fastest broadband available.

BT is working hard to ensure that as many people as possible are able to receive the maximum available speeds. Further, BT Wholesale's changes enable us to determine our customers' actual speed setting, instead of this being set at BT's local exchange.
N/A

Broadband Speeds

Well, I recieved an email from Plusnet telling me that in April BT are upgrading and as a result my internet will be upgraded to the maximum speed my house/phone line can handle up to 8Meg.

Then was told that it was not going to be an automatic upgrade, that each customer would have to ask for it and then it would take place.

Since that original email about 2 Months ago, I have recieved no more information and the web site shows nothing about any upgrade.

I am happy that I will get an upgrade (hopefully) but what is really annoying me is the fact that Plusnet have not said anything and it seems are taunting us with the idea, and then leaving us to stew.

Just my thought...
N/A

what I find awful is that everyone on >2meg lines are gettin FREE upgrades upto 2mb basicaly, where as those on 2meg already are getting nothing.. surly we should get a price cut or something seeing as how 2meg is now so cheep you can upgrade everyone for free?