cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet disappoints

N/A

Plusnet disappoints

I know Plusnet as a very reliable ISP with excellent customer support. At least I thought I did - no longer.

For the last couple of weeks or so I have been having terrible difficulties with my Broadband connection. Used to work really well, then something must have happened and now it disconnects all the time - every few minutes! - and then takes ages and countless re-dials to re-connect.

Yesterday, for instance, I had over 80 (!) instances of connects and disconnects. (Data pulled from Admin Tools/Computer Management in Windows XP Control Panel.) Today, it feels even worse. You would not believe the time and effort it took to post this topic.

Just to make sure the problem wasn't at my end, I even bought a new Broadband modem and new microfilters. Total waste of money because it did not solve anything.

Initially, Plusnet said that there is probably a fault on my telephone line. Then they said there is no fault - well, the problem is intermittent ...

And now, I haven't heard from them in almost a week! (A week tomorrow.) Ignore your customers seems to be the new policy. They are probably right. Why deal with all those problems when, in the end, the customer will go away.

I know the problem is not at my end because I have checked with alternative
equipment and when the line works for a short period of time, it works brilliantly.

If it's not the telephone line, it must be a problem at Plusnet - I think the problem is marginally worse at peak times. But of course, they would never even consider this possibility.

I feel so disappointed and totally let down by Plusnet. It is worse because they used to be so very good. Right now, they are happy to take my money but feel they have no responsibility at all to deliver a service that actually works.

Does anybody else have similar experiences or perhaps any tips on how to make them listen and respond?

Wolf

www.wolfkettler.co.uk
20 REPLIES
N/A

idd

i have had the same probs more or less, peaktime disconnects and also very slow download speeds less than 512 speed, funny really considering im supposed to be getting 8meg. plusnet used to be great up until this feckin 8meg crap came in, i didnt ask for 8meg neither do i want it as i knew the problems it would cause. after sitting for 40mins on the phone they gave the old 'it must be your line excuse' that tiscali pulled on me thus im changing isp soon as plusnet seem to have turned into a complete set of basterds hell bent on wrecking my life by nobbing up my internet, peak time FTP and everything that isnt web browsing is blocked even tho i have only used 200mb of usage in peak time, i ask you what is the logic apart from plusnets complete disregared for there customers THEY ARE TURNING INTO TISCALI!!!!!!!!! Evil Evil Evil Evil .
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

Couldnt agree more.
At this rate I'll be going back to pipex.
All I want is a stable connection. (As at the moment I dont have any at all since last saturday (13th).)
I appreciate there are problems with BT's MAXDSL service at the moment
see here
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/
But as plusnet is yet to even recognise the problem and let us know what is being done to fix it it dosent bode well.
Hopefully they will at least post a general support problem at some point soon.
Please if there are any support staff reading this can they at least *LISTEN* to the problems we are having.
Prior to this plusnet was excellent.
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

PN have made an announcement RE: BT stopping mass upgrades to Max until they (BT) have sorted the issues.
Announcement
Discussion
Gel
Pro
Fixes: 10

Max DSL mist

:twisted: I think its unacceptable to be advised by +Net, that they have absolutely no idea when those of us on suitable exchanges, will get Max DSL.

A vague comment that those of us, not on 4 or 8mb packages, will be upgraded, according to their join date.

They could at least indicate that they are currently upgrading those who joined in Jan 2003 or whatever. Wink
bimsta88
Dabbler

Plusnet disappoints

are plusnet STUPID!!! loads of forum aout people pissed off wid their and sayin how shit the customer service is and they still dont do ne thing about it. do they even read these forums they shud i am dissapointed in this my connection is rubbish 2. it is currently at 500kb insted of 8mb which it shud be and my upload is 50kb - that is poor what are they playin at!!!!!!!!!!!
sisgroup
Grafter

Plusnet disappoints

javatalk i see you are swaring alot you will recive a PM from a mod if you continue this as i understand you maybe angry as i have also been in the past its better to remain as possitive and polite as you can here or you may recive a ban

Just a kind warning thats all mate, everything is cool.

Saver a horrible offical PM from a mod Wink
N/A

WE have seen this before...

We have been here before...

The upgrades from half meg to two meg were delayed. The word 'soon' has a new meaning. It now means 'don't hold your breath'. IAs you can tell I haven't got the fabled 8Meg yet and from what I read, that may be a good thing.
N/A

Extended disconnection

I was disconnected on May 9th. Plusnet conducted tests which indicated that the fault may lie with their equipment. They have not fixed the fault; indeed I do not know if they have addressed it for they have not communicated with me.

I can understand incompetence. I can not excuse the attitude.

Seanm4
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

It seems that the majority of you have at least some kind of connection. Unfortunately as of 1am on wednesday 17th May the ADSL signal to my home was cut off, a call to +net technical support was actually answered by a Sales Rep at 10:30pm!?!?!?!

He tried to blame it on everything but +net or BT, after I advised him there was no ADSL signal for my hardware to synch to he reluctantly put a support call in. 3Days later there has been no update to my query other than a script message, I don't even know if I'm a victim of the MAXdsl cockup or the LLU move to Tiscali.

I guess Plusnet would rather stick their head in the sand than stand up and admit they've screwed up.
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

Ok. Firstly incredibly bad spelling and swearing have no place on any forum. There is no excuse for either. It also makes you look really really dumb !
If you find spelling difficult as I sometimes do then you can simply write your post in Word, spell check it and then copy and paste it into the forum.

Secondly, none of this is Plusnet’s fault it’s all down to BT so stop moaning.
I do admit that Plusnet should be sending out regular emails to all customers explaining the problem and what’s causing it.
Could someone from Plusnet reply to this and explain why they don’t do this.
It seems to me the most common complaint on here is that there is no communication to customers.
Why wasn’t the “Bulk regrade” announcement emailed to everyoneHuh

On a more positive note I’m on the Totnes (South Devon) exchange and my regrade happened on the 17th… so that was close… phew!!!
My router (Dlink 604T) syncs at 8128, (the holy grail) with a 7db SNR.

For 2 days I still had 2Mb download speed but the BT BRAS came good and on the 19th I did a speed test early in the morning and got a constant 840 Kilobytes per second download speed, which is totally awesome!!

I just downloaded the new IE 7 beta from Microsoft, which is about 11Mb and it came down in 13 seconds !!!!! MAD MAD MAD.

Andrew Hockings
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

javatalk i see you are swaring alot you will recive a PM from a mod if you continue this as i understand you maybe angry as i have also been in the past its better to remain as possitive and polite as you can here or you may recive a ban

Just a kind warning thats all mate, everything is cool.

Saver a horrible offical PM from a mod Wink

He has the right to express himself, after all he pays money for a service that is utter garbage as do many, many, many of us.
He and all the unsatisfied customers that manage to remain 'positive and polite' pay towards the upkeep of this forum. I don't see why he should get a ban.
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

Ok. Firstly incredibly bad spelling and swearing have no place on any forum. There is no excuse for either. It also makes you look really really dumb !
If you find spelling difficult as I sometimes do then you can simply write your post in Word, spell check it and then copy and paste it into the forum.

Secondly, none of this is Plusnet’s fault it’s all down to BT so stop moaning.
I do admit that Plusnet should be sending out regular emails to all customers explaining the problem and what’s causing it.
Could someone from Plusnet reply to this and explain why they don’t do this.
It seems to me the most common complaint on here is that there is no communication to customers.
Why wasn’t the “Bulk regrade” announcement emailed to everyoneHuh

On a more positive note I’m on the Totnes (South Devon) exchange and my regrade happened on the 17th… so that was close… phew!!!
My router (Dlink 604T) syncs at 8128, (the holy grail) with a 7db SNR.

For 2 days I still had 2Mb download speed but the BT BRAS came good and on the 19th I did a speed test early in the morning and got a constant 840 Kilobytes per second download speed, which is totally awesome!!

I just downloaded the new IE 7 beta from Microsoft, which is about 11Mb and it came down in 13 seconds !!!!! MAD MAD MAD.

Andrew Hockings

It's people like you that really hack me off. If you don't like people lack spelling abilities then that's really, really tough cheese.
If you don't like people who express themselves using a couple of expletives, well that's tough sh*t. I suggest you go somewhere else if you only plan on attacking a person/people rather than helping them. It's clear that's why this thread was created. Another member posts and doesn't express himself the same way, big deal, he still needs help, not a bollocking.
Uptight, prude people as yourself can really provoke a session of unnecessary flaming when they subit a reply with the opening line: 'Ok. Firstly incredibly bad spelling and swearing have no place on any forum'
Who does that help? The person letting off steam? No. It simply serves your false sense of superiority.
So next time think before you post unnecessary rubbish.
Sory if i speldt badley!

Not really.
N/A

Plusnet disappoints

Spelling and swearing and emotions aside - a quick update on my original post:

I was just informed by PlusNet that they were now referring my problems to BT, which could take 48 - 72 hours.

Connection hasn't actually been too bad over the last hour or so. That's the trouble with intermittent problems. When "they" check, it always works.

Oh well, at least PlusNet have listened now (I am trying to be positive for my own sanity) - will keep you posted.

Wolf

www.wolfkettler.co.uk
keithcalder
Grafter

Plusnet disappoints

Your lucky then mate, I've had a speed problem for 11 days and an open ticket without reply for 5. On top of that, I phoned the helpline for an update and got kermit the frog, or maybe it wasn't , but it was definately a muppet!!!