cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet are [Censored]

N/A

Plusnet are [Censored]

I am furious with Plusnet.
I received an e-mail this mornig stating that my monthly payment was rejected and to contact them straight away or I would be cut off.
I replied imediately to the e-mail stating that my MasterCard company had changed to a bank over a week ago and that they forgot to send me a new card as all existing cards had been deactivated and that I was expecting a new card any day now and if Plusnet could send me details I would do a direct bank transfer for this month.
I did not receive any form of reply and they cut me off!!
I phoned there billing department who told me that they do not read e-mails and they do not take direct bank transfers either.
I explained the situation and also told them that last month I only had 7 days access out of the full month due to Plusnet technical dificulties so surely they could give me some leway.
The answer was NO!
I asked the CS operator their name (Kevin Scott) and asked to speak to a supervisor, he told me that their was a supervisor there but supervisors can only be contacted via letter by post.
So now Im really p*ssed cause I have no ADSL, I have always paid on time till now, I offered an alternative method of payment which they refused and I paid for a full month last month to which I only got 25% tops.

I am sending a copy of this post via e-mail to everybody in my address book and I will also be posting this in every forum I am a member of to show how cr@p Plusnet realy are.

I will be keeping you posted of the out come.

*I wont be surprised if this is deleted soon by Plusnet*
11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

UPDATE

I got this reply:
Quote

Dear Customer,
Thank you for raising your concerns through Contact Us. The information given to you in your call with Kevin was correct. The payment methods availabe to you are as illustrated in the my Account section of the portal. Until payment is made by one of these methods we can not reneable your account. Due to the nature of the ADSL service we are not able to provide any compensation for service issues and like all other ISPs (as far as I am aware) we do not provide a service level agreement for the ADSL service.
Regards,
Chris Rugen


AND TO MAKE IT WORSE THEY TAKE MY MONY THEN SEND ME THIS:

Quote

Webspace removed due to breach of AUP. Please inform customer.

Relevant Sections of Webspace AUP.



What is it with Plusnet?!?!
N/A

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

Are you back online now? Why did they close your webspace? What were you using it for?
Garry
Dabbler
Posts: 22
Registered: 05-08-2007

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

It does seem a little unfair - I am afraid to reply just in case they delete my Webspace.

I had similar problems, that at the time was using dial up and in the process of upgrading to ADSL. I also at the time was paying by Debit Card, which was apparently returned in the post & consequently was terminated.

The first thing I new (suppose they did me a favour in one way) they identified the account had been stopped and at the same time they stopped dial up access. They said they hadn't stopped the connection but all of a sudden it was re-connected. I then found out that the Card had been stopped but I was also in the process of setting up direct debit.

Tell you - I would be well pi$$ed if they deleted my Web Site which has been developed for over the last year.

$hit there goes my Web Site - OPPS!

What can I say - I think public opinion should shout and say come on PlusNet - a little more understanding and maybe an apology. It wasn't your fault (nor really PlusNet - maybe they’re just a little trigger-happy!)

I guess they are just following procedures - but isn't a lot of ISP growth based on spreading the word and public opinion

I hope you backed up your Web Site (I must do myself)

Regards

Garry
chino
Grafter
Posts: 446
Registered: 27-06-2007

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

Yeh what did you use your webspace for as if you have breached the T&C then you must of had a business running from that, then all i can say is that it's your own fault... if you did not read the T&C then again thats your fault..

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

> Yeh what did you use your webspace for as if you have breached the T&C then you must of had a business running from that, then all i can say is that it's your own fault... if you did not read the T&C then again thats your fault..
>
> cUnDaLl

To quote you >>>>>
" You must have had a business running from that "
What right do you have to assert that - the guy himself hasn't been given a reason so until it is established why he breached the T+C's there is no reason to say what you did .
Before I signed up to adsl I seem to recall reading that if they do find that you are running a commercial site they will shift you on to another tariff .
Stuart
N/A

RE: Plusnet are Bast*rds!

> Yeh what did you use your webspace for as if you have breached the T&C then you must of had a business running from that, then all i can say is that it's your own fault... if you did not read the T&C then again thats your fault..
>
> cUnDaLl

To quote you >>>>>
" You must have had a business running from that "
What right do you have to assert that - the guy himself hasn't been given a reason so until it is established why he breached the T+C's there is no reason to say what you did .
Before I signed up to adsl I seem to recall reading that if they do find that you are running a commercial site they will shift you on to another tariff .
Quote from Plusnet's own FAQ

"4. Can I use a residential account for my business?

No. If you wish to use your account commercially you must use one of our Business packages. For guidance, we consider commercial use to be at a level above that which is running a part time business or supporting any kind of hobby etc. If you are unsure whether use is commercial then please contact Support here

If we do determine that you are using your account for business purposes we will ask you to transfer to the business account more appropriate to your needs."



Stuart
N/A

RE: Plusnet are [Censored]

Sorry about the bad language but I deliberately added * to it and kept it cleaner than I was actually thinking in my head at the time.

Update
Beleive it or not 30 minutes ago I received my new MasterCard it couldnt have come at a better time (well it could have come yesterday and saved all this agro).
I have made payment now so my account should (and had better be) reactivated (I'll check after this post) but I am still anoyed by the whole matter so I have raised a complaint via 'contact us' as advised by the CS operator who reactivated my account.
In my 'contact us' complaint I have said that I will not forward my first post until I have received a reply from 'contact us'.

N/A

RE: Plusnet are [Censored]

Zagorski,

Your web content was removed becuase it contained illegal material. Due to the Data Protection Act I am unable to expand any further on the subject.

We would also like to advise you not to post foul language on these forums as they are accesible to customers of all ages.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: Plusnet are [Censored]

The fact that my web space was deleted was the least of my problems (although it is debatable that it is in violation of the data act).
My whole point of this post was to express my anger (in which I did use bad language but also did not use full words but I appologise for that all the same)at the lack of customer service / support that Plusnet offer and to top it all just a few minutes after me sorting payment and getting reactivated you deleted my web space.
Coincedence?... I dont think so!
N/A

RE: Plusnet are [Censored]

Just to reiterate, your web content was removed due to the nature and legallity of the files that were displayed and the reason that we are unable to discuss the issue in public would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.

I can assure you that there is nothing coincidental in the timing of the event and any other issues that you believe are outstanding with your account.

We do value your custom and we respect your point of view but we also have to ensure that our AUP is adhered to by all of our customers.

Best Regards,

Dave.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

RE: Plusnet are [Censored]

> Just to reiterate, your web content was removed due to the nature and legallity of the files that were displayed and the reason that we are unable to discuss the issue in public would be a breach of the Data Protection Act.
>
> I can assure you that there is nothing coincidental in the timing of the event and any other issues that you believe are outstanding with your account.
>
> We do value your custom and we respect your point of view but we also have to ensure that our AUP is adhered to by all of our customers.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave.
>
> --
> | David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
>
>

Why don't you (Customer Support) and Zagorski discuss this directly and if Zagorski them comes back to tell the rest of us why his webspace was deleted that is up to him.
Stuart