cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet and "Onetel"

iPaqowner
Grafter

Plusnet and "Onetel"

I have a friend who would like to join PN on the Broadband Plus £14.99 plan.
She originally had BT as her phone provider but currently pays her line rental and calls to "Onetel".
Can she join PN?
A quick answer would be appreciated thanks.
9 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet and "Onetel"

Onetel use a CPS service.

This means you use a BT line, but all bills for the line and calls goto a different company, in many cases, cheaper.

In theory, because it is a BT line, yes she can.

I do strongly suggest asking Onetel if or not there service is compatible with ADSL and that they can choose another provider other than them (if they provide a broadband service at all).

Your friend should ask for this in writting.
iPaqowner
Grafter

Plusnet and "Onetel"

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes Onetel do provide an ADSL service but their cheapest package costs 21.99 pm but I'll suggest she contacts them anyway just to be sure she can use a different BB provider.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed as it was a complete copy of the preceding post and just not needed.
Community Veteran

Plusnet and "Onetel"

iirc onetel's ADSL is from easynet.
Community Veteran

Plusnet and "Onetel"

I use PlusNet and my calls are processed by One Tel. (dont actually find it any cheaper than it was with BT)

However as acarr has stated the line is still with BT and they are the ones who will provide the Internet connection.

So yes you can still connect to PlusNet even if One Tel handle your calls.
kissack
Grafter

Plusnet and "Onetel"

My CALLS are via onetel, but onetel also offer line rental. In trying to find whether I can switch my line rental from BT to onetel I have been passed pillar to post (onetel -> bt -> plusnet -> bt) with no one prepared to say my adsl service will NOT be affected by the move :-(
Community Veteran

Plusnet and "Onetel"

I suspect that if BT are not suppling your line then ADSL will not be available to you or at best limited to being supplied by One Tel.
N/A

Plusnet and "Onetel"

just a side note for One.Tel ~ I use them for long distance calls. They're much, much cheaper than BT, long distance.
janitor
Grafter

Plusnet and "Onetel"

Believe this is the same system used by post office where they rent the lines off BT at a wholesale price then charge the customer for both line rental and calls, so in effect is still a bt line.
N/A

Plusnet and "Onetel"

I am on PlusNet 2MB and get my line rental from OneTel. No problems. It remains a BT owned line (not LLU) yet I pay a smaller line rental. BTW I also get free national weekend calls in the same deal. The rest of the time I get calls routed through 18866. Best of all worlds.
Vince