cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Inital ADSL check failed, BT checker error?!

N/A

Plusnet Inital ADSL check failed, BT checker error?!

Just got this updated"

"Our initial ADSL checks have highlighted your account cannot be processed at this time, or that the details for your account need updating. Please note that this does not mean ADSL is definitely unavailable on your current line"

But I just checked over at ADSLguide.org that BT checker is broke.

http://www.adslguide.org/

So good chance I can still get ADSL u reckon? Or will the entire world blow up as soon as I get ADSL? (ive been on dialup for 8 years) go figure!

6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Plusnet Inital ADSL check failed, BT checker error?!

> Just got this updated"
>
> "Our initial ADSL checks have highlighted your account cannot be processed at this time, or that the details for your account need updating. Please note that this does not mean ADSL is definitely unavailable on your current line"
>
> But I just checked over at ADSLguide.org that BT checker is broke.
>
> http://www.adslguide.org/
>
> So good chance I can still get ADSL u reckon? Or will the entire world blow up as soon as I get ADSL? (ive been on dialup for 8 years) go figure!
>

Well if its any consolation - I have had exactly the same message today!

The thing is I have just moved house only 4 doors up the same street (about 100 yards), and I had ADSL installed at the last house (through BTOpenwound)..... so go figure....

I suspect it is just the BT checker that is up the spout at the moment. I did the linetest listed at www.adslguide.org.uk and that came back OK with a distance of only 1.9km to my exchange.

I will be astounded if my new place is unable to have ADSL installed, given I had it working fine a few doors up the same street.... still as long as BT are involved in the process anything is possible ;-).

Top tip for anyone thinking of transferring ADSL from one property to another... DON'T DO IT!! The whole process is a nightmare. After a month of trying with BTOpenwound I have given up and resigned myself to losing the remainder of my 12 month contract (you are supposed to be able to get a refund if you stay with BT at the new place).

Here's hoping PlusNet can sort things out for me soon - being back on dialup after nearly a year on ADSL is cruelty in the extreme!

Cheers,

Chris

N/A

Even more cruel when u never been on ADSL !

I think its just BTs checker thats mucked up cos I tried it multiple times and it said im fine but then im not....

Think ill check out that adsl distance checker...
N/A

Hmm could u plz point me in the direction of the line length test cant seem to find it at all on adsl.org website...

PS:Not seeing Plusnets 24/7 support, thats not the best start....

N/A

> Just got this updated"
> Got the same message it scared the s**t out of me, no real explanation of what was happening just leaves you hanging to find out yourself.

Come on Plusnet if something out of your control goes ***** up then at least tell us.

> "Our initial ADSL checks have highlighted your account cannot be processed at this time, or that the details for your account need updating. Please note that this does not mean ADSL is definitely unavailable on your current line"
>
> But I just checked over at ADSLguide.org that BT checker is broke.
>
> http://www.adslguide.org/
>
> So good chance I can still get ADSL u reckon? Or will the entire world blow up as soon as I get ADSL? (ive been on dialup for 8 years) go figure!
>
>
>
>
>
>

--
Reset
N/A

Language RESET Wink

Belive me id love to the post the whole page but it would be nothing but F***********

Anyhow my small update:

Plusnet have resubmited me for an ADSL check directly to BT (still forced to wait 24 hours though)

Will update u on whats happening but at least Plusnet are doing something.

N/A

> Language RESET Wink
>
> Belive me id love to the post the whole page but it would be nothing but F***********
>
> Anyhow my small update:
>
> Plusnet have resubmited me for an ADSL check directly to BT (still forced to wait 24 hours though)
>
> Will update u on whats happening but at least Plusnet are doing something.
>
> Well mine has got through the first check, but why it takes so long only plusnet knows, I can check it in under 5 min.

Afraid my bad language was purley frustration at being treated like a mushroom by plusnet.

Hope yours goes well Highlander.

--
Reset