cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Connect --> DSL upgrade path?? :S

N/A

Plusnet Connect --> DSL upgrade path?? :S

Has anyone had experience of the upgrade path from a Plusnet "Connect" account to an ADSL package?

My DSLAM is upgraded to ADSL capable on Wednesday (23rd April) - I first asked Plusnet if it was possible to order the upgrade in advance and after a positive response, ordered the upgrade on 10th April.

Now Plusnet's bleed#n automated system tells me there is a problem! I have responded to the automated message stating that there would be a problem since the exchange aint ready! I got no email notification... grrr.

Anyway - since it takes about 10 days to get a line ADSL activated, I now fear that I will have to wait *even* longer for DSL service.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Surely you should be able to order DSL service on a line prior to the exchange being upgraded - otherwise no exchange would be used, by anyone, inside the first two weeks of service life...

Any comments appreciated :-)

Pete.
Preston, Lancashire.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Plusnet Connect --> DSL upgrade path?? :S

> My DSLAM is upgraded to ADSL capable on Wednesday (23rd April) - I first asked Plusnet if it was possible to order the upgrade in advance and after a positive response, ordered the upgrade on 10th April.
>
> Now Plusnet's bleed#n automated system tells me there is a problem! I have responded to the automated message stating that there would be a problem since the exchange aint ready! I got no email notification... grrr.
>
> Anyway - since it takes about 10 days to get a line ADSL activated, I now fear that I will have to wait *even* longer for DSL service.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience? Surely you should be able to order DSL service on a line prior to the exchange being upgraded - otherwise no exchange would be used, by anyone, inside the first two weeks of service life...
Hi there,
I believe the problem is that the automated checker pulled up that your exchange wasn't ready. This will have auto-raised a ticket to our provisioning team, and they will pre-order the DSL with BT on your behalf - there's no need to worry!
You'll find that our provisioning team are very much on the ball when it comes to the potential minefield of ADSL provision! :-)
Regards
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Routefinder
Grafter

RE: Plusnet Connect --> DSL upgrade path?? :S

> > My DSLAM is upgraded to ADSL capable on Wednesday (23rd April) - I first asked Plusnet if it was possible to order the upgrade in advance and after a positive response, ordered the upgrade on 10th April.
> >
> > Now Plusnet's bleed#n automated system tells me there is a problem! I have responded to the automated message stating that there would be a problem since the exchange aint ready! I got no email notification... grrr.
> >
> > Anyway - since it takes about 10 days to get a line ADSL activated, I now fear that I will have to wait *even* longer for DSL service.
> >
> > Has anyone had a similar experience? Surely you should be able to order DSL service on a line prior to the exchange being upgraded - otherwise no exchange would be used, by anyone, inside the first two weeks of service life...
>
> Hi there,
>
> I believe the problem is that the automated checker pulled up that your exchange wasn't ready. This will have auto-raised a ticket to our provisioning team, and they will pre-order the DSL with BT on your behalf - there's no need to worry!
>
> You'll find that our provisioning team are very much on the ball when it comes to the potential minefield of ADSL provision! :-)
>
> Regards
> Mike
> --
> | Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

I hope so!

Same experience, same boat - eagerly awaiting the exchange engineering the line test etc.