cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet used to be good.......

N/A

I've been with PlusNet since 2004. The service was fast, reliable, and the customer service was great. I've recommended them to several people as well.

However recently, coinciding with the LLU I think, the service has got erratic. Sometimes there is no connection, and sometimes it's there but just extremely slow. I've had to restart my router more times in the past couple of months that in the previous two years!

I'm seriously looking to move to another ISP, but I'm not sure which one. It will cost me (I moved house for "free" a year ago) but to me it seems worth it for the sake of a service that is usable and reliable.

I'm not bitter or angry, just disappointed at being let down and that I have to start the great ISP hunt all over again!

Irf.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Agree, I've been with PlusNet since 2002 , for me there seems to have been more problems in the last 6 months than in the previous 40 .
All I want is an internet connection that is always available - it always seems to go wrong when you need it the most .
N/A

I've only been on plusnet for the last year or so. It was recommended to me by my boyfriend who has been with plusnet for a while. I was with Tiscali and they wouldn't give me any higher than 512mb saying my line wouldn't take it even though they were giving free upgrades to all their customers. I changed to plusnet and received 2mb straight away and was pleased. Now my connection is totally pants. The last few weeks it's been getting worse. Slower than dial up speeds and being disconnected and not being able to reconnect is doing my head in. Definately looking into moving my broadband and my phone.
The laughable thing is they keep saying that the upgrades are unstable so they are waiting to reistate them. I think they need to sort the normal service out first as mine is unstable before the upgrade.
N/A

I'm now seriously looking at Zen Internet..... not as cheap for the equivalent service, not for my level of usage I don't need 20GB capacity! I can move to Zen, pay less monthly, and then when I occasionally go over the limit just pay a but extra. I've worked it out, and I can afford to move and use double what I'm currently using at PlusNet and still pay just the same.

Irf.
N/A

How slow is slow?

Shaffi, I have been routinely experiencing dial-up or sub-dial speeds... how about you?
N/A

I have had this once, week before last. Definitely not routinely, or I would have left PlusNet already!

It was extremely strange, because the router reported a normal connection. In the end I just had to restart the router and all was back to normal.

Irf.