Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Performance

dedwyddfa
Grafter

PlusNet Performance

Hi all,

It seems to me lately that Plus.Net are expanding their services and their customer base. This is really good news as growth in a company is good. However, there is a saying of Too Big Too Fast. Thet really need to start getting down to the root of the problems of existing cutomers before taking on new customers.

At the moment I have issues of speed with my 2MB line. I am getting speeds of 350 kbps no matter what time of day. Plus.Net seem powerless over BT to get any more information of what they have seemed the problem is. Also, their times for responding to tickets is getting really bad. Replied last night to open ticket about speed at 12:30am. Still no response from them. So I have decided to open a poll to see who exactly is happy with Plus.Net service at the moment.

Regards Ray
15 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet Performance

I am happy with Plusnet at the moment but your right in the last few days ive been getting abysmal download rates although the odd thing is latency(ping rate) has been fine im wondering if their may still be a problem with the traffic shaping they have implemented im on a Premier account.
Ive done countless router reboots, tested on BT Speedchecker and Plusnets speedcheck all report that i have a wonderfully fast connection yet downloading and browseing the web is becoming a chore and last night Adslguides speedcheck reported i was getting 1mb rates on a 2mb connection.

But if it continues i may not be so happy so will give it a 2 more days before i raise a ticket and vote on this poll.
dedwyddfa
Grafter

PlusNet Performance

Just phoned Plus.Net as there is no update on my ticket for the last 12 hours. The call is in the fault department, who aren't customer facing. What a cop-out.

Ray :twisted:
N/A

PlusNet Performance

Yeh might not even give it a couple of days, its quiet at work here so ive started to hunt around for prospective new isp's who support migration.
N/A

PlusNet Performance

you raised the ticket at 12:30 am.... then moaned when it wasn't answered by 8:30 am the same day.. lol? Who's to say their main customer support base don't start work untill 9am. Learn to be patient, it's like phoning anybody at 4:30 am and expecting them to awake 100% of the time. If your going to raise a ticket do so at around 8:30am, then it should be answered by 1pm.. Don't expect miracles.
N/A

A house of cards Ivan

Its a house of cards, if the base is shaky the house comes down? simple law of physics IMO & the same applies to ISP's too.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

A house of cards Ivan

Its a house of cards, if the base is shaky the house comes down? simple law of physics IMO & the same applies to ISP's too.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

PlusNet Performance

Came home from work friday night, and wife says she cant access internet so i takes a quick gander at the router and noticed the conn had been dropped so i rebooted it.
After reboot everything had speeded up to normal, wife had complained about glacial browseing prior to losing access entirely.
Now saturday morning and all my speeds are still pretty zippy so im happy for now.

Ill add a reserved "YES" to the poll Smiley

Will stay with +net for just now as im not a big P2P user.
dedwyddfa
Grafter

PlusNet Performance

Hi all,

Just tested the PlusNet Speed Test, and it has come in at a new low speed of 198kbps. I have asked Plus.Net 48 hours ago what exactly is happening and they havent gotten back to me. Can someone advise me what to do next?

Regards Ray
N/A

PlusNet Performance

I rang Plus Net and asked why I was receiving a 512kb service when I have a premier account and my telephone exchange can support 2Mb. They informed me that I had one of the earlier accounts and that all I needed to do was go online and request an upgrade. (The monthly charge will remain the same.) So, last night I requested a regrade. I was told it would take 5 to 7 working days for the regrade to take place. They were just being cautious, I think. I woke this morning to a 2Mb service.

I conducted a speed test on the Plus Net site and recorded speeds of around 1856kbps. I then immediately carried out the speed test on the ADSLguide site, which turned in a speed of 1560kbps. (I have noticed that the ADSLguide speed test always turns in a slower rating than the Plus Net one.) Can anyone explain the discrepancy? Which one do I believe and why?
N/A

PlusNet Performance

None of them and all of them, in a nutshell answer.

For some good reading, I would suggest looking at the following tutorial on Speed testers reliability, HERE.

What is concerning here, is that the ADSL guide test shows lower speeds than the PlusNet one. It is normaly the oposite way around.

Personaly, i would look into a local system issue for that.
N/A

PlusNet Performance

I voted yes, but I wish I could edit it and vote NO
dedwyddfa
Grafter

PlusNet Performance

I still have a problem with my speed - getting about 250 kbps. Ticket opened with Plus.Net now for about 4 weeks and it is currently with BT. Really hacked off with BT Wholesale not being customer facing as Plus.Net can't get any further information, nor can I.

They deserve a good kick up the arse.

dedwyddfa
Grafter

PlusNet Performance

I still have a problem with my speed - getting about 250 kbps. Ticket opened with Plus.Net now for about 4 weeks and it is currently with BT. Really hacked off with BT Wholesale not being customer facing as Plus.Net can't get any further information, nor can I.

They deserve a good kick up the arse.

N/A

PlusNet Performance

Have to say things have been fine for me. I will say however if I have a 600k stream going and try to download anything else then the stream falls apart, my friend who is on an equilavent pipex 2mb line can do the same and stream will remain pretty much solid.

This is why I went for the no modem £11.50 payment package, if the service goes poor you just move.

I take it back, just tested speeds and Im getting 900 to 1mb max, is this the result of the shaping ?