cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Drop Offs

mikeshe
Grafter

PlusNet Drop Offs

For several weeks now my wireless network drops the connection with Plusnet and I have to reboot the router.

I have just been to my in laws for the last week and the old man has Tiscali Broadband. I set the network up on my laptop to use his router and never had one drop off.

Just got home, turned the laptop on and connected up to Plusnet, within 5 minutes I had to reboot the router. This leads me to think that the problem is with Plusnet and/or the service they provide and nothing to do with my network or hardware.

Any reasons for this? At weekends the drop off are far worse and more frequent.

Mike
2 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet Drop Offs

Hi Mike,

Disconnects can be one of the hardest things to pin down and diagnose.

We need to establish a couple of things before moving furhter with this.

When you lose connectivity, does the ADSL / Link light on your modem / router go out, flash or stay constant?

Have you tried to establish if hardwired connectivity is available when you lose the wireless network?

Could you try changing the channel on your Access point to see if that makes a difference?

if its just the wireless side of the network thats dropping, it could be down to interferance from another WiFi network close by or some other device causing interferance. Often trying various channels can resolve this.

Soz for the 20 questions ( and there may be more) but there are many things which need to be eliminated before the cause of this one can be pinned down.
mikeshe
Grafter

PlusNet Drop Offs

Thanks for the response mark. I will have a play around and see if things change.

Mike