cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Claim Migration to Halt

annie1

Read the following article in which PlusNet claim migration was supposed to have stopped!!

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,39020336,39282114,00.htm

I am very angry having been migrated three/four days ago and have so much trouble I have paid the £47 to be be put back on the other system.

Until I am migrated back I am going to have to use my dial up with an alternative ISP.

Yesterday, they charged my credit card with the £47 but I have no idea when my migration is going to happen. I hope it is going to be soon or I will have no alternative but to look for an alternative broadband ISP.

Read
http://usergroup.plus.net/news_060812_lluonhold.php

in which it was announced the migration was to halt.
11 REPLIES
N/A

The llu moves stopped wef 29 / 30 August. If yours started 3 or 4 days ago, it looks like you have been one of the last.
N/A

i was told late last week that the order had been submitted for my connection to be transferred to LLU - so I suspect I'll also be one of the last ones for the time being.

Who knows though, no update on my account one way or another yet?

I thought that PN paid the fee if they couldn't fix the problem?
annie1

>>The llu moves stopped wef 29 / 30 August. If yours started 3 or 4 days ago, it looks like you have been one of the last.<<

Well I have paid the £47 (was taken off my credit card yesterday) to be put back so hopefully I will be one of the first migrated back <g>

If no word by next week then I will have to move to another ISP and claim back the £47 plus this months sub.

I've kept the articles and copied the ticket just in case there is a problem which needs to be taken further.

Annie
annie1

>> thought that PN paid the fee if they couldn't fix the problem?<<

Well I am not claiming off PN I just paid the fee they quoted to move back asap....

I just want to be able to use my connection the way it is intended. If I can't then I will move away.

I have been with PN since 2000 and have had nothing but praise for them, their support was second to none... its a shame they involved themselves with a product that is giving them a bad name... mud sticks!

I feel for everyone, but as PN have taken my £47 I now expect them to act.

Annie
N/A

Just to note that "a number of PlusNet's customers had reported problems in the migration, and the company refunded those who had experienced more than seven days of downtime." is not correct. I still have no service and have been told no refund until fixed, if I leave no refund at all.
annie1

>>No service since LLUd on 31 July - transfer back to BT refused - refund refused if I leave - PN asking for another month's payment to cancel. Fault ID: 19981604, Migration ID: 20166105<<

You might want to investigate this government site if things are not resolved:

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp
N/A

Thanks but well aware. The problem now is leaving - I can't realistically chase for refunds until I'm out and I have a total expenditure figure.
N/A

Which is why they won't give you a refund until they have fixed the fault: They too don't know what your refund total will come to.
You may struggle to get anything once you have left too, since PN reckon the refund is a gesture of goodwill.

Whether its a legal obligation or not have been discussed Ad Nauseum, with many people saying they will take legal action. Thus far I haven't seen any success stories, though this doesn't mean there won't be any. :?
N/A

At the moment the only course of action I can see is to cancel the direct debit.

The notion that I should pay an EXTRA month to schedule a cancellation, while I have not received service for a month AND am 3 weeks in credit beggars belief.
N/A

Again, a few people have touted the idea, and the advice has always been that doing so puts you in a sticky position legally. Best have a quick check with somebody before doing it.
I ain't an expert by any stretch of the imagination, so will just repeat that you need to make sure your back is covered before you do anything.
N/A

Well, I have finally run out of my last shred of patience and passed the issue to my bank, so I guess I'm going to find out. Wink